+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost fly box.... a rant and vent

Ouch!!!!! I know the feeling but I was lucky enough to go back and retrieve it. I knew it was a longshot but some years ago I backtracked for eight hours to find my favorite hunting knife. I decided my flies would be worth the effort too but I only spent two hours on that little adventure. I would have been willing to spend the whole day if necessary.

I started using the smaller C&F fly boxes last year I have several of them they are the 4 leaf one's and hold over a thousand dolors each in flies. A friend and I got talking about it last winter and how much it would hurt to lose on of them. I made two clips that stay on my vest and I can hook the boxes to. The box has a nice little place to connect them to your vest.I breath a lot easier now. I could not imagine losing one of them or even two of them. Granted I tie for a living and could replace them but it would still cost a bunch both in time and money.

Sorry to hear of your lose. I have to say I to have lost boxes over the years. You learn a hard lession that way. ron

Great advice guys. I have labled all my boxes and will be tying them to my vest. I predominatly fish lakes and small ponds but occasionally fish a few local rivers. While I didn't lose it in the water I can see that happening.

I am just grateful it was just a fly box and not a Hewlet packard IPAQ, like what I use at work for data colection in the field. I work forestry consulting in pretty remote areas and this happened to a guy at work. The price of the IPAQ is nothing compared to the two weeks work he lost and had to redo without pay. He's the type not to back up his data nightly just incase.

-Hillard

Sorry Man! I had the same thing happen to me several years ago. Fortunately, I found it the following week, in some tall grass. It sucks having to replace all those patterns.
    I lost my wallet on the stream one time too. Again, I was fortunate that some good people found it and sent it back to me. I sent them some flies as a thank you.

+ Reply to Thread