+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What next

Harold,

Isn't there a word for what you've described?

Allan

nighthawk Guest

I have had cashiers and attedants get me for thousands of dollars a week. Also helped send at least one crooked manager to jail. I can tolerate a lot of things but not stealing. When the situation has run it's course please post the theif's name and toss them off the site for life.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

When asked how he felt during his first American space walk Astronaut Edward White responded "I feel red, white and blue all over".

Allan

Yes there is.
    Your point?

Harold

It truly is a shame. I also think it should be made public. Many of our family hereare on other boards, so knowing who to avoid in the future would seem to be helpful.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Harold,
    I know what JC is doing now, What I want to know is,Is he planning on doing the RIGHT thing in the future.....there in lies the question.....
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Harold,

My point is simple. If any person is positive he/she has been treated badly by a particular company or person, post it without any fanfare, intrigue or subtle warnings. Identify the individual or company and the situation. If you're not sure whether you've been treated unfairly or duped, say nothing until sure. This BB is for both positive and negative comments about situations. Why does it seem we have no problem making positive comments about companies and people, have no problem making a negative comment about companies but no one cares to identify an individual whose actions we should be wary of?
    Again, the poster must be positive he/she has exhausted all means and taken all appropriate actions. Posting something negative is a weighty responsibility.

Allan

Allan:

I agree with you 100 percent. I think rvr_lvr is doing that and so is JC.

Harold

Point well taken JC,And I was not questioning your methods...just rehashing things for the benifit of others who seem to think I was'nt able to gleam the basics from your post.....
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I once got a speeding ticket so I DO know the law. One must have "hard evidence"( receipt, contract, acknowledgement,check with specifics above endorsement) before posting a potentially libelous claim. The perp could say that the check was for some some verbal information about fly tying or some such stuff. His proof of slander would be the posting of his info and alleged misdeed on a public forum such as this. Rvr_lvr, if you have no paper trail for this "transaction" consider it a $40 lesson. In the event this fellow posts again, you can let us all know by replying to him with " I sent you a check for $40 for some merchandise 6 months ago and never got it. Whats up?" I'm sure we'll get the message.

Mark
    PS: I am told by other legal minds ( more speeding tickets than I) that publishing names as in this case CAN be made by the parties to the dispute but also not without possible consequence. The slander suits usually occur when a third ( deep pocket) party publishes " unsubstantiated" slanderous statements.

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 28 August 2005).]

I wonder if it is the same individual, that I got screwed for $315. I offered to trade. Sent the Item to be trade and he didn't want it. So then I decided to purchase the Item. Send a money order and it was cashed. I was told that the items were mailed. I e-mailed and no answer. I snail mailed and no response. I went to the police and gave them the information. They contacted him and he said he would suffer the loss and send me the money. Claims the merchandise was lost in the mail. I never received any thing. I also contacted the police again and he said he would send a cashier's check. Claimed it was mailed. So far I still have not received the merchandise or the check. The police told me if he didn't response the last time that I would have to go to civil court.
    I turned all the information I had over to the postal inspectors and so far I have not heard from them. This started in Feburary. The excuses sound like maybe the same person.

------------------
    Dean
    "A legend in my own mind"

+ Reply to Thread