Closed Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: hey Fishigan

Aaarrggghhh, here is a free gif I found for all y'all pirates.

Uh oh... what are ya going to do JC?

Just say no to killing this thread

JC, I figure you are going to give us an "at a boy" with1001 ? or mayhaps not.

aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh

My gear is not "cheap" but I spent 100 bucks for each St. Croix rod that have never failed. I have a $70. LA reel that does the job very well. I also use a vintage reel for gills and such. (A 195? Pflueger)
    I have a list of reels that I would love to get. They include a Hardy Angel, Lamson Litespeed, Tibor and a few others. I like the Radius reel by Lamson also. And at $145. it would most likely be the reel I will get.
    Maybe. Even that is a little steap to me.
    I'd like a Renzetti Presentation vise, but I use a danvise.
    Money is not a problem it is just hard for me to part with it when I know I can get this "thing" that is just as good or better for less.
    I fail to see that $200 to $300 items are for the "budget minded angler". I find that insulting. So are they saying that the under 200 items are for use poor folk?
    So what are the under 100 items? Are they for the "welfare" recipients?
    I spent a lot of time fishing bass tournies. The reel does a great deel of the work. Few of them are over $150. with most in the $75. range.
    We all know that we could basically screw the spool the fly line comes on, to a rod handle with a wood screw and a washer and most folks would still be able to fish all day.
    I watch fly fish tv a little. The last 4 episodes I watched the only time I saw a hand even touch a reel was when they where wrapping things up to leave. 90% is pulling the line with hand.

speaking of hardy's, didn't i see a new hardy reel in the $750 price range??? now what in the hell could make reel worth that? nothing!

and, jc, as the originator of this thread i would appreciate having the honor of bringing it to a fitting demise. deal?

That sounds good to me.
    Sometimes the world of fly angling is truely perplexinating.

I guess at a thousand this will disapear. Quick, print it and put it in a time capsule. 100 years from now people will be as mystified as to what is was about as we all are today!
    Dave, are you going to break out the gold plated delete button?
    Bill

[This message has been edited by purebs (edited 26 February 2005).]

I just tried to print this thing out. I printed the first page to see what it would look like. It took 6 sheets of paper to do 1 page!! I'll try to remember as much of it as I can.

Maybe just locking the thread would work, it would be a shame to have it deleted. Who knows maybe some graduate student will turn it into a sociology or Psych paper.

Closed Thread