Closed Thread
Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: hey Fishigan

Well okay. But if you ever change your mind just let me know.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

dude, you beat me to the pakah joke! but you florida guys are missing all the good hot drinks--irish coffee, hot toddys, etc...
    (not to mention the flaming moe)

[This message has been edited by D. Micus (edited 19 January 2005).]

D. Micus

I am afraid you are wrong. When it comes to hot drinks Dude has a long list of them. We may not know what snow is but we do know all about warm drinks. I do not drink because my daddy drank enough to keep the whole FAOL board tipsy. So I am familar with most of that kind of stuff.

I still like Hot chocolate with 35 marshmellows in it. NO not the little ones. NOt the colored ones. Just the plain white ones.

I have made enough Irish Coffee for My mom to understand all about it.

So we do not miss that kind of thing. We just turn the AC down to 65 and have at it.

Dude the snow shovel they are talking about sounds a lot like that shovel you and I wore out cleaning up after the horses.
    You know the great thing about us playing in the beach sand vs them playing in the snow. Ours actually holds up very well in the heat. The ones they make turn to mush. When the snow melts they have another mess. Our sand does not melt. It squeeks, Sue told me that the snow squeeks also.
    Anyway I was just outside and the temp is still too cold to fish, but nice day beautiful blue sky and the wind is laying down. Hot drink, and the stars might just be the ticket tonight.

Harold

We woke up to over an inch of ice on everything the other day.

We had a huge freezing rain storm hit our region and had to deal with power failures, freezing temps and undriveable roads. Then we got a huge dump of snow that was fun for a while until recently when we have had over 8 inches of rain in the last couple of days. With all of the snow melt and rain everywhere is flooded. The quiet little creek running through our yard is now a raging torrent. But hey... at least there aren't any forest-fires right now... right?

Mid 50's in Arkansas today. Supposed to be in the 60's for the next few days. Too bad that there's so much water from the rains we had and they are non-stop generating or I might be able to get out and drown a feather or two.

Mike

------------------
    You can observe allot by watching....

Yogi Berra

nighthawk Guest

SheTies,
    You scared me with that picture. lol. That big ole storm is supposed to slide off the east coast and become a noreaster this weekend. Maybe then I'll have the pictures I promised Harold.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

[This message has been edited by nighthawk (edited 19 January 2005).]

[This message has been edited by nighthawk (edited 19 January 2005).]

Betty, in my great "paying attention mode"
    just noticed where you live!

My youngest daughter lives in Lawrence and works in Basehor for Able printing.

She's getting married in July in Leavenworth on the campus of St. Mary College.

Don't think they will let me do any fishing on that weekend.

It is reading 50 deg. here at work, 35 miles west of Rock Springs, another January shanok
    has arrived for Wyo. And finally a day without winds in excess of thirty mph!!!
    ------------------
    Wyo-blizzard

[This message has been edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff (edited 19 January 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff (edited 19 January 2005).]
    Wyo-Blizzard

She...I don't care for gin, it always tasted like a pine tree, but here's a thought...
    break off one of those branches and souse it down in a glass of gin. Kinda like a stalk of celery in a bloody Mary, eh? EH????? I sound like a Canadian, eh? I like that, eh?
    Sorry, a little early for typin', eh? I crack myself up, EH?
    AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH, eh?

tyflyer....we cudda used some of that ice down here last summer. The hurricanes came and shortened up the ice supply for our rum, eh. OH NO!, eh? There it goes again, eh?
    aaarrrggghhh, eh?
    Davis, thought you'd like my Pahka thing, eh?

Okay, how do I get rid of the "eh" thing, eh?

[This message has been edited by Flats Dude (edited 20 January 2005).]

Hey Dude;

Keep saying eh and Linda will knock it out of you. I am sure she will let you do it a few times but then she will correct it. Hurry and teach it to the grandkids.

ehhehehehe

Ok everyone in Florida. If you cannot make the fish-in we are having another get together at the skyway flats on FEB the 5th.
    Some people are coming down from Canada and they want to fish the flats. So Stev and I and a few that are not members here will be fishing with them. Idlerick might be here as well as some of the snowbirds that run from the cold stuff the way Dude and I would. Anyway it will be a one day fishing day. The tide will be incoming all day. YUK but you fish have got to eat sometime.
    Come on over.

Harold

Closed Thread