+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sock Foot Wader Care

Default Sock Foot Wader Care

I just purchased a pair of waders with neoprene feet. Up to this point I've always used boot-footed Waders.

I was wondering about special care or needs with these Waders. i've heard alot about using gaiters or extra pair of neoprene socks for protection, which makes sense to me.

I have been spraying my waders with silicone in the fall for storage after reading somewhere that it helps preserve them.

Anyone with any experience on this? If so, should this be done with neoprene?

thanks in advance for any and all info...

Hi:
    I would'nt put silicone on neoprene. Just make sure they dry well before you store them. I sometimes turn them out to let them dry well. After a few uses, wash the neoprene with light soapy water or very little dishwashing liquid in water. Then let them dry well. The rest of the wader I would just wipe clean, but NOT wash with soapy water or detergent so as not to remove the coating if it is Gore Tex. Once a year wash the whole garment in Tech Wash or Nik Wax (if it is Gore Tex) to replace the water repellency. These washes can me bought at REI.com or Mountaingear.com

All the best,
    Migs

THanks Migs,

By the way these are Orvis Clearwater Endura Breathable Waders. Some of the areas I fish can be a 10 - 15 minute hike to the water, so I'm looking forward to a little cooler walk in.

+ Reply to Thread