+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fly fishing florida

Default fly fishing florida

hey there guys. i am new to the site, but i need some help

a trip to florida just kinda fell in my lap, and i can't afford not to go. my dad and i will be there from this saterday the 22nd to the following friday the 28th. weather permitting ( hurricane wilma). hopefully we can fish most of the time while we are there. it is a fishing trip. can anybody give some advice on were to fish, what flies, and etc. we are intreasted in any fishing we can do, from bones, red, any bass species, tarpon, whatever. we just want to fly fish. we are staying in ft. lauderdale. however wer are willing to drive.

ps. anybody want to do some guiding, we don't have much, but we can pay for some gas, and maybe a bit extra. thanks

wes

Don't think you will have to worry about this. The papers say they are evacuating the Florida Keys now.
    FFF Life Member #22

Welcome to the site Wes.

I have fished somewhat North of there in the Boynton Beach area. Fishing from the beach is always a possibility and there are plenty of fish. Look for any change in the shoreline that may create a place for bait fish to hold or dark green patches just beyond the surf which may be schools of fish. Consider any of the inlets between the ocean and inland waterway as a possible target, especially between high and low tides when the water is flowing. As the tide is dropping find a place near the outlet of one of the breaks between the islands and fish near the ocean side. Join the big fish waiting for the bait fish to be swept along with the tide.

High tide is about 12:30 on the weekend so you can figure between 2-5:00 will have a good flow of water towards the ocean, and you'll be able to sleep in.

Good luck.

jed

+ Reply to Thread