+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Va Flyfishers??

Default Va Flyfishers??

Any body here from Va...specifically the Richmond area?

Hey Chas~ I live in the west-end near Parham Rd and Patterson Ave. Shoot me an e-mail.. maybe we can hook up.~Scott

------------------
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."

I live in Williamsburg. I pass through Richmond every weekend heading to rivers north of Charlottesville.

Wow, Parham road, the memories..."S"
    Anyhoo I live now near Harrisonburg, and Staunton Va. In my yunger days.. there was a time, yes, there was a time...lol

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...

[This message has been edited by Grubb (edited 29 March 2005).]
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

aw man, i grew up in williamsburg right on the james river and went to jmu in harrionsburg. i miss the ol' home place!

Ahh the JMU Dukes... William and Mary had NCAA Div I-AA semifinal playoff game against the Dukes here in Williamsburg. They played the game at night and it was broadcast on The Deuce. Great game to be at... tickets sold out on the monday prior to the game and the William and Mary students finnally figured out where Zable Stadium was located.

Devil's Ditch - I don't suppose that name is for the stream and area that goes by the same name? If so, I was up in there yesterday and had a great day catching over 3 doz. in about 4 hours.

Yeah, actually it is. Yesterday was a great day to fish, wish I could have been out there.

Last time I was there was the day after New Years Day and I lost count.

Did you have any problems parking back there? I had a buddy who recently tried to park near the Hunter's Access Trail and some guy came down and told him he couldn't park anywhere along the road because it was "private".

DD...ya headed out to the mtns this weekend? Looks like lots of rain...

I didn't have any problems parking, but I didn't actually fish DD. I fished the main stream way up above the big trib. that comes in from the right. The road is real bad up in there.
    The parking for the hunter's access trail is on the right side of the road as you're going downhill, and that is WMA land. The land on the left is private before you start going down, but once the descent begins it's WMA land. That's why there are a couple of tent sites on the switchbacks.

+ Reply to Thread