+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye old friend....

You did the right thing for your dog. I've had to make the same decision several times over the years and it is always difficult. Take care and know that you made the right choice for your trusty companion.

Jim Smith

As I sit here reading these posts I am already dreading the day when Koa, my 10 yr old black Lab will depart.

At this point in my life I have had 4 other dogs that I have had and each and every one of their deaths have affected me to this day. I still remember each day I had to take each one to do the deed. As hard as it is to put them down I still feel compelled to be at their side when it comes. It the least I can do to repay them for their undying love and companionship.

No matter how hard it is to say goodby, the years of love and companionship are definately worth the tender spot in your heart the rest of your life...

I lost an 11 yr. old Lab, Nick, twenty five years ago. That dog saw me through some hard times and four years of college. He was the best backpacking dog I ever had. I still miss him even today.

Grey...from all those owned by such as yours...how well we all know & n/p for any solice found here...

------------------
    "..so many fish, so many flies..do I have enough time?"
    ...so many boo rods, so many trout....do I have enough time?...

Dear greyfox,

I'm sorry for your loss. I went through it a few months ago, my cousin went through it in December and again in February. Friends and acquaintances on this board and other boards have gone through it recently too. It seems to have been a hard winter for dogs.

Here is a link to poem by Rudyard Kipling that sums things up for us dog lovers.
    [url=http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/powerdog.htm:47153]http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/powerdog.htm[/url:47153]

Take care.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

[This message has been edited by Tim Murphy (edited 23 March 2005).]

I had have my best friend put down 2 years ago. She always went fishing with me. I had her cremated and buried her on our favorite stretch of the Crooked River. I stop and say Hi everytime!!

+ Reply to Thread