+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your ritual?

Fishigan, the Hail Marys didn't help the fisherman on the Godfather.

It's all in the hat.

Dale

After I shave & splash on aftershave & also when I put sunscreen on, I MUST wash my hands before fishing...also, I WILL NOT pump gas prior to fishing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I usually reach down at the edge of the pond and grab a little mud from there. I rub it on my hands and then wash it off in the pond water.

I think it takes any scent off my hand.

Rick

I have to stop and check the equipment list at least once, otherwise some critical item will be forgotten -- license, lunch, hat, sunglasses, etc.

Gnu Bee Flyer - I knew an aluminum skipper once, his name was Al Coa.

Unlike 'tuber' I don't shave before I go fishing and never use after shave. But I do lay my tackle out the night before. And when I get to where I want to fish, I normally just look at the water and drink my coffee before I start fishing.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

If the fishin is dead, I do a little Indian chant to call the fish in. I made this chant up in Quetico Provincial park back in the early 70's and have used it to this day.

What really pi$$es me off is I forgot all about it for the Fish-In. I'll be down there again on the 31st and 1st and will try it. The Gods won't let me down. Don't ask me why I call it an Indian chant, but thats what I call it. Maybe in another life I shared some good moments with the Sheti imasha, and the spirits beckon to be recognized.

Just an old Sicilian

Philip

[This message has been edited by old geezer (edited 21 March 2005).]
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

FFT,

I must be related to your old friend that doesn't tie on the fly till he gets to where the fishing starts. Never thought about it till I just read your post; but, from some unknown reason I've always done just that. Think it;s a good idea to look around first to see what might be flyin' or floatin' about. Also usually don't string up the rod till I get there too. Especially fishing those small mountain streams where you have to get through various undergrowth and brush piles etc. Plus, strung up a brand new custom built rod on the first outing and a wind blown vehicle door turned the three piece into a four in a hurry - ouch!

If the cows are laying down, the fish are down. Topic of conservation on the way to Spring Creek Pa in the 50s.

+ Reply to Thread