+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pa Trout Regs Proposed

Penn. Kev , what do you think of T u position on the changes,,,i am not trying to be a smart a,,.... but i cant get a real handle on whats going on...call it old age or simple minded.. thanks

2. Default

BR,

As of the Febuary letter, TU's main concern was the potential of C&R waters to be reclassified into Trophy Trout waters which currently allow creeling of fish over 16".

TU supports putting the Heritage Trout and DHFFO regs into a general C&R FFO reg. This is great for TU as it gives them a foothold to fight for more C&R regs.

Other than that, they they seemed to be fine with the removal of wading restrictions, barbless laws, and limited fishing hours. The effectiveness of these laws is debatable, but I suspect TU will not complain about eliminating these regs as long as C&R is being increased (either through outright C&R regs or more tightly restricting harvest).

Since the time of PATU's response, the PAFBC has changed to a proposed 24" minimum 1 fish per day on TT waters. Effectively creating more C&R waters.

IMO, TU should be very satisfied with the current proposal. Especially if the newly proposed 24" min size on TT waters goes through.

Under the current proposal, the only problem TU should have is with some TT and C&R remaining open to bait rather than having ALL C&R and TT become ALO.

Kev

Penn .Kev thanks,,thats what i was getting out of the PATU letter, But its sort of a sell out because for years tu preached wading restrictions, barbless laws, thanks again.Do to health problems havent been to tu meetings this winter...

------------------
    make a rod, catch a fish

4. Default

BR,

I think it's a good political move to let the PAFBC drop the barbless, and wading rules. It shows that TU is willing to compromise.

Kev

Bamboozle - Don't know what you found out about the City of Allentown and the elimination of the wading ban on the Little Lehigh, but I'll share a little inside info with you. If this proposal passes, the Parks Dept will simply post it as no wading. They don't want a circus there and won't allow it to happen.
    By the way, we met at the Sommerset show, and I have to thank you for starting my obsession to get one of those beautiful Dreamcatcher rods. I must have read the brochure a hundred times........

Heritage:

I wrote a letter to Allentown City Council and the Parks Department which goes into the mail today expressing my feelings about the circus-to-be if the regs get changed. I also mentioned to them about the 24 hour fishing which should interest them since all City parks close at sunset.

I don't where this will go but at least I put in my two cents to them. I also am thinking about seeing if the fly shop will get a petition going to send to Council as well. I only fish there when it's cold so I DON'T have to wade. I'll keep you posted.

If we met it must have been at Somerset in 2004. I skipped this year and have no plans on going back for 20 years; talk about a zoo! If you're from Catty maybe I met you at the Little Lehigh or in Carlisle; I'm at both places frequently. As a matter of fact I may be headed to the Little Lehigh today. But I am the proud owner of two Dreamcatcher's. If you are interested get a deposit together soon as Wyatt is getting very backlogged and of course prices are going up as well.

I don't think it would really be all that bad if they allow wading in the heritage section of the little lehigh. They allow wading in the rest of the stream(which holds a good number or wild fish as well) and there really isn't a problem, that I have found. Yes, I agree, there is a definate lack of consideration for other anglers present on certain days, but I let those that do it how I feel. Allowing fishing 24hours a day would, in my opinion, be great. There are more than a few very large brown trout in that creek, and it would present some interesting opportunities for the savvy angler. I really don't like to see any stream become a circus, but in the long run I don't think this will happen. Of course it will definately force many to explore other parts of the creek, but that isn't always a bad thing.

Tight lines
    Jeff

The general consensus among the knowledgeable regulars and those in the know is that it won?t happen on the Little Lehigh. The City apparently won?t let anyone tell them what to do with their property.

We?ll see what happens

was out looking for varnish at 3 local hardware stores today that sell fishing licenses,,thy was saying sales were way down for trout stamps , don't know if that means any thing.

------------------
    make a rod, catch a fish

Wait till it gets warm and closer to Opening Day, they'll be sold out. It's the $60.00 out of state licenses that will be collecting dust.

+ Reply to Thread