+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion for books on bamboo rods

Check out the American Bamboo Rodmakers Assoc. (www.goabra.org). There's a listing there of rodmakers by state, as well as some great articles on the "craft". Also, there's the Power Fibers (www.powerfibers.com) newsletter. Very informative, though it can be a bit technical at times (especially for someone that's just getting into the 'boo thing). And, of course, there's the John Geirach book (which no 'boo nut should be without). Anywho, best of luck with your newfound 'boo addiction.

Joe Martin
    Salem, OR

P.S. For a quick "fix" you might consider picking up a cheap production rod (South Bend, Montague, Heddon, H.I., Granger, etc..), fix it up and take it fishing to see how you like it before you invest in a nice new 'boo rod. Just a thought.

Check out Fishing Bamboo by John Gierach. It should be easy to find and reasonably priced. Once bamboo books go out of print, the price goes sky high.

TyroneFly,
    Check out my review on the Legendary Elkhorn Bamboo flyrod. They are a very useable 'boo flyrod with a great progressive taper that really feel good!
    I'm sending LadyFisher my review of the Elkhorn Classic fly reel that I really like. Click on Sponsors and go to the Elkhorn page and look around. It's a great outfit for someone who is just getting into 'boos at half or more the price of other 'boos. It's also good enough quality to pass on to future generations of fly fishermen in your family.

Andy

------------------
    all types of fishermen must pull together for the good of all!!!

+ Reply to Thread