+ Reply to Thread

Thread: June 4, 2023

Default June 4, 2023

Flyfished Saturday. (edit: Oops, I guess Saturday was June 3rd....not June 4th!)*I had caught Koi on the fly rod in every month of the year except June, so I wanted to close that loop.*Also got to demonstrate my technique to a very nice Police Officer.* The fish cooperated quickly, making me look like I really knew what I was doing. The Officer was kind enough to act impressed.* HA!I caught 16 Koi and 6 Goldfish before heading elsewhere to fish for other species.Koi:Goldfish:Golden Shiners:Green Sunfish:Redear Sunfish:presumed Bluegill X Redear hybrids:
    Last edited by FishnDave; 06-05-2023 at 02:16 PM.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Talking

Nice catch Dave. Good thing you impressed that Police Officer -- no arrest or citation. Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by BadBug View Post
    Nice catch Dave. Good thing you impressed that Police Officer -- no arrest or citation. Dennis
    Can you imaging how embarrassing it would be to be arrested for "sucking at fishing". And then they put your picture in the local paper?? "Residents are advised to watch out for this terrible angler. He really sucks at it. Words of advice are welcome. Keep pets and loved ones 50 feet away, minimum." HA!He said he thought he remembered talking to me before there. Its a "catch and release only" location, and so they want to make sure everyone knows the rules... so they talk with the few people that actually fish there.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Nice group of fish.
    Rick

Thanks Rick! I forgot to mention, I also caught some bass and bluegills...so, 8 species for the day.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread