+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thank you Al Campbell

Default thank you Al Campbell

I was fishing a pair of flies tonight when 24 of my 25 fish came on a bear hair shwapf. It may have been affected by the front fly being tangled in the leader when I finished but the shwapf was ahead 8 to 1 when I caught the one bluegill on the pheasant tail nymph.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Al Campbell a good man shared much of his skills herewith to many..Another person is Steven McGarthwaite, he shared most if not all of Als creations and gave CD copies of many more to members, like A.C. a very kind individual.Have not heard from Steve in a long while , hope he is well,Nice catch 25 in one outing ,
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I have referred many people to his fly tying series on the main menu.
    Rick

Steve, I believe Steven passed away in April of 2020. He was, indeed, a giving person. I still have the CDs he made. I also have one of his tiny vises clamped to my desk, with a tiny Griffiths gnat he tied still clamped in it! It's right at my eye level and part of my everyday. We've certainly been blessed with special people in our FAOL journey. It was just 4 years ago yesterday, that Deanna left us. Al ws a stitch up on the streams in South Dakota! He'd drive the dirt roads at mach speed, dust flying and his dog leaning out the window, ears flapping in the wind!
    Last edited by Betty Hiner; 05-17-2023 at 03:15 PM.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default copied

I copied Steves disk and keep one in my fishing bag to give to newbees I meet. Steve and Deanna both agreed to the copying for this at the time I made the first one.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

I had the pleasure of fishing with Al for a couple days at each of the two Idaho Fish Ins he was able to attend. We shared our music collections with each each other by burning CD's and mailing them out. What a great guy, I miss him.I still have Parns CD's!

Default Concur

I love his hackle less flies , tie many and usually my go to , down here in southwest Missouri
    yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

+ Reply to Thread