+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 more rods to build

Default 2 more rods to build

Just ordered 2 4 pc. 7' 6" Forecast 4 wgts. to build as Christmas gifts!
    I had to trick 2 good friends to find out what they would like by showing them a couple of recently built rods. She liked the Green wraps and he liked the gold. They both thought the full wells grips were great and liked the single foot black guides.
    So, H&H has more of my money!!
    Now I just have to find a way to sign them so any help will be appreciated.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

If you have a computer scanner or access to one or even a digital camera here is an idea. Sign your name and even a dedication if you like. Scan or photograph the signature. Put this in your computer as a .JPEG file and useing one of the many photo programs (even MS Paint will do) reduce the JPEG to the proper size. Then get some clear lables from Avery at your local office supply store and print the signature and dedication on a clear lable. Put the lable on the rod and epoxy over it. You will be able to see the edges of the lable if you look hard enough, but other than that it will look like the signature is right on the blank.

------------------
    Clint

I feel closer to HIM when I'm fishing.
    Clint
    in far west Kentucky

Blog Entries

Jack...depending on how steady your hand is?
    What I do is use a gel pen and sign the rod.
    I apply artist spray on fixative over it (this holds the ink fast). Then epoxy over it. Artist fixative can be had at any art or arts and craft store and is made by Krylon........Good luck with the rods...Ed

Jack,
    For a real professional looking signature for your rods check out, [url=http://www.decalconnection.com/:c0e9f]http://www.decalconnection.com/[/url:c0e9f]

------------------
    Wes.
    Wes.

I'm sure "professional" would be nice, but your own hand would be so much more appreciated. Sometimes it takes me half a dozen tries to get the signature "right" (straight, even letters, etc) but I know, and the people who receive the rods I build know, it's really signed on the rod.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Jack,

Wally world carries that Krylon Workable Fixatif....and thats what to look for on the can...Had a hard time getting my hands on this stuff,till I knew the proper spelling...and it'll likely not be with the other spray type arts supplies.....check the craft section...this stuff is great for spraying feathers to hold them together for making quill wing sections for hoppers and such...Had not thought of useing it in this manner...thanks for posting this one!!!!...lol...as I use pens as well...and they do tend to blur at times..but I think thats a thing of the past..Ty all!!!

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I've tried all the Gel pens and just can't get an even flow with them. I use Winsor & Newton Inks in Silver and black and a steel nib pen. The inks are available on-line at Pearl.com or at your local Pearl paint store. I'm sure a google search would bring up many other sources. I've had the same small bottle for 4 years. They dry in 3-5 minutes and can be cleaned up with water. The best part is that flex coat will not harm the ink so you do not need the fixatives or color preserver. These inks come in a myriad of colors.

Good Luck.

Lou

+ Reply to Thread