+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of an Era for Me in MT... Any Wisconsinites want to learn me on the Driftless?

I own a place in the middle of the driftless and love to trout fish. I do have to mention another species that my friend Dave forgot to mention (what's up Dave?) The carp fishing is pretty fantastic. Challenging and the drug is the tug so to say. What's so sweet about this area is the ability to fish outside of the crowds. There are so many small spring creeks that if one access point has two parked cars drive another mile or two to another portion of the stream or find another place to fish within the same distance. Lots of water to fish in the driftless and the Madison area has plenty of opportunities to fish as well.

You won't have any troubles feeding the addition here. While some of the well know places get some press, everyone reads about that. Spend some time on some of the other waters and loose the crowd. Welcome to Wisconsin, you'll fit right in.

Walter,

There is plenty of good fishing in Wisconsin

I live in Illinois (Chicago Area) but I fish quite a bit in Wisconsin. In addition to the hundreds of spring creeks in the Driftless region of Wisconsin, there are freestone trout streams in Northern Wisconsin. There are also lots of warm water rivers where you can use your seven to eleven weight rods for fishing for smallmouth bass, northern pike, and muskies. If you have a drift boat, or any other water craft, you will find plenty of opportunities to use them. Every year, I fish the Menominee river and the Wisconsin river among others for smallmouth bass. There are huge smallmouth bass in lake in Lake Michigan, too.

Here are some links to guides and some other fly fishing resources that will help get you on the right path for discovering Wisconsin.

http://www.driftlessangler.com/

http://www.blackearthangling.com/

http://www.greatnorthernflyfishing.com/

+ Reply to Thread