+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thankful to FAOL ...

We are very glad that our readers have found our "sponsors" to offer good products, however it is important that our readers understand that we don't have any paying sponsors at FAOL. Starting in 2009, one by one those advertisers began to stop paying for their sponsor page. We continue to carry those links on the sponsor page, since we chose quality sponsors to offer their products on FAOL and we think that it is valuable for our readers to have a ready access to these businesses. The cost of maintaining FAOL as an online presence is paid for from personal funds by the publisher and editor.

What would it take to organize a raffle to help fund FAOL? I know that I would be happy to donate an item or two. I make custom pens which people seem to like, or perhaps a dubbing twister or some other item. I believe that there are several people here on FAOL that would be happy to participate as donors and/or bidders on items. Your thoughts...

Jim Smith

This is great that members have offered to help fund the site. However, I don't see where the Administrator has asked for help with funding. There may be issues with which they are not prepared to deal. I recommend we have a request for funding before this goes any further.
    God Bless America

I’m sorry. When I made this post I certainly didn’t expect it to deteriorate into a donations for FAOL post. That was the furthest thing from my mind! All I had wanted to do was thank FAOL, JC and LadyFisher, and Neil in the more recent years, for giving me the opportunity to develop as a fly fisher. To learn about, and from, people I had no idea even existed.

It wasn’t about sponsors who are no longer sponsor. It was about friends. It was about people. Just an unadulterated thank you to people who have changed not only my life, but so many others world wide.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Thanks for the offer of support but please do not attempt to raise funds for FAOL. That was not the intent of my response to this post but merely to inform our readers about how FAOL continues to exist.

Got it and thanks for the quick response. I was not trying to stir anything up but rather just offering to help in any way I can. If things ever change, let us know. There are many loyal people here on FAOL who really appreciate everything you do to make this terrific website available to us.

Jim Smith

I'd like to add my thanks to FAOL. This a great site with great sponsors and members.Thanks to you all. You are like family to me!

i am thankful too. if i am looking for something fly fishing related i usually end up finding it on faol. what a great resource

I'm also expressing my thanks for the site and the writing that is regularly contributed. Thank you, Ladyfisher. Best wishes!

My deepest thanks to Ladyfisher and to all the FAOL writers, admins, editors and forum contributors!

I learned much of my fly fishing knowledge here, and that is one of my greatest treasures.

Thanks for many years of this wonderful fly fishing community. I feel like I know many of you, though I've only met you here.

+ Reply to Thread