+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I went and did it..

Default I went and did it..

I ordered, after much hemming and hawing, debate and fretting, turmoil and disruption, maybe the odd second guess or three, the L.L.Bean West Branch waders. $169.00 from the Bean store online. Of course they don't have any, but have an expected ship date of 7/28. I guess we'll see how their customer service is right form the get go.
    After reading a couple of posts here and on other boards I decided against the Simms L2, and of course the $60 difference in cost had a little to do with it to. I know, I may end up with the Simms yet if they can't get these to me before my trip to Ark. in Aug. Not that I have anythig against the Simms, just getting tight in my old age.
    Anybody think I made a wrong decision?

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

Satchel;
    Mind it I ride along on this one. I'm looking at them also.

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Satchel,

I've bought clothing and products from L.L. Bean for years and have never had a bad product----Period. I don't have Bean waders but I'm sure they will be fine. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Blog Entries

Satchel,
    Good luck in AR in August. I hope you like lot's of heat! If it were me, I would wait till October. On the other hand, you probably won't need waders in August.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Anybody think I made a wrong decision?

Nope. I made the same one a short while ago. So far, so good, after a dozen outings. And if there is a problem, LL Bean can be counted on to make it right.

Jeff

------------------
    I work only so that I can afford to fish

Thanks for the positive comments. It's a tough one when you get the "buy brand X" from the ones who supposedly know what's what. At the same time, I know there are alternatives. I've had some alternative work out and others not. I sort of felt this one would be ok. So far I've still not heard anything bad about Bean. Even when asking the operator yesterday when ordering. (I had to talk to a human being on this folks) She said she used them, she was a fly fisher, And when I asked her what happened if in three years they began to lea,like the ones I have now, she said it would be up to me. I fI wasn't satisfied with the performance of thier product they would make it right with me. That's saying something in this day of greed. I'll let you know how I like them after I get back from the White in Aug.

Jack, ride right along. I don't mind. I'll let you know what I think of them.

Biot Midge, I've had the pleasure of fishing Ark in late july before. It's still nice and cool down on the river.

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

[This message has been edited by Satchel (edited 17 July 2006).]

Satchel;
    How did you size them? I wear a size 9 shoe so is that medium? I may be missing something on th order page!!?

I've had a pair of their Emergers for about 4 years and have not had a single leak. They are comfortable too.

I think you can't go wrong with LL Bean. If they are not what you expect you can always return them.

jed

Jack, there is a sizing page that opens in a seperate window. According to that the chest size on the Med. is up to a 44" and the inseam is 29- 32 or some such. But yes. the Med size is the 9-11 shoe size and the L is the 10-12 foot size.Did'nt figure the one size would make much of a difference. I thinkn the hodgmans I have now are 10-12 size and they are fine.

Sue hope they come in before I leave the 9th of Aug.

------------------

+ Reply to Thread