+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible Hack attempt?

Default Possible Hack attempt?

I have been a member since Dec 2014 but rarely log in.I am always on here reading and seeing whats new.This morning i recieved this email:

Dear Kentuckysteve,

Someone has tried to log into your account on FAOL BB with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 204.124.83.130

All the best,
    FAOL BB

I have no idea who this was or why they were trying to log into my account.Apparently they were unsuccessful.The email was sent at 5:05 am eastern time this morning.I have changed my password to something harder just in case.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and tell you guys you may want to change passwords if you have not in a while.

the same thing here, and I, like you, rarely log in but am here often. I changed my password to something not so simple, hope that helps...

hows the fishing been?

The last group that tried this was from France. This one is from the US.

General IP Information

IP:

Decimal:

Hostname:
    tor-exit0.conformal.com

ASN:

ISP:
    Conformal Systems, LLC.

Organization:
    Conformal Systems, LLC.

Services:
    Confirmed proxy server
    Recently reported forum spam source. (120)

Type:
    Corporate

Assignment:
    Static IP

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmuleys View Post
    the same thing here, and I, like you, rarely log in but am here often. I changed my password to something not so simple, hope that helps...

hows the fishing been?
    I changed mine and i will probably change it more often.I can't imagine what they could gain by logging into my account.This morning was my first post.

The fishing has been slow.The weather has been hot and that has kept things slow here.If i go early i can catch a bass or two but even then they are few and far between.We always have a good bluegill bite though.I wish we had natural trout like you guys.We have to rely on the department of fish and wildlife to stock ours and thats great in the winters cold water but not so great in the summer.

I got the same email!
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Default Lost ability to log in a short time ago too

Log in info wouldn't work and had to re-register with Administrator's help. Killed number of posts from about 2003 till now so am starting the count again. If you see a low number doesn't mean I'm a newbie just somehow got zapped. Hope everyone gets back on without similar problems.

Greetings -
    Same here, but a different IP address. It was signed FAOL BB. Is this heads up/warning email we are receiving legitimately coming from FAOL BB?
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLeo View Post
    Greetings -
    Same here, but a different IP address. It was signed FAOL BB. Is this heads up/warning email we are receiving legitimately coming from FAOL BB?
    Cheers!
    Yes it is.They are letting you know who tried to sign in.Anybody trying to log in that is not authorized will not have your email address (hopefully).

+ Reply to Thread