+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last one ???

Default Last one ???

I have a 6ft, 6wt. Eagle Claw Featherweight I bought about 38 years ago. Just for fun I thought I would see what others were saying about them or what they might be selling for ($20 - $30 probably). I found just about every configuration of Featherlight you could imagine - even spinning rods but not one mention of a 6 foot 6 weight. Are there any left out there?

I think you can get close but not zackly what you want. The 6 ft. may be gone, maybe Zac will chime in cause is loves the yellow rods.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Yes, I have one that I purchased about the same time. I used it for small streams in close quarters.The 6wt was/is good for windy days and the extra " umpf" to get the fly out there. Haven't used the rod in ages.

I've got the same rod. Think I bought it in the mid 1960's at a hardware store for around $15. Used to use it a lot but like gerri, haven't had it out in years.

Dave

Have a 6'6" 3/4 featherweight Eagle Claw right here next to my desk. Still in its original wrap. Bought it a few years ago. Actually bought two of them then. The first time I used the one, Cary told me to put it away. He said my casting was far better on any other rod I had, and it was pathetic on the little EC. Gave it to one of my boys in the flytying group.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Yes, I have one of those; well, almost. 6 ft 6 six weight. With a Medalist on it. Also have one of the spinning rods about the same size. Haven't used either of them in a long time. They have been relegated to the "old pile" along with the rest of the antiques.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    The first time I used the one, Cary told me to put it away. He said my casting was far better on any other rod I had, and it was pathetic on the little EC. Gave it to one of my boys in the flytying group.
    That's what happens when a fast lady get a slow rod. They just can't keep up with the action.

OK, Jesse. I'm calling BS!! I'm way at home with graphite, bamboo, or glass, and being a woman, I can easily adapt to any action.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty, can without a doubt out cast me with any of the above. I was saying the rod wasn't keeping up with you. Ya'll come on down, we will show how to slow down. Late July or early August is a good time to learn that, especially over around the mighty muddy where I grew up.

+ Reply to Thread