+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here and wanted to say hello

ohiotuber,

Sorry to hear about you're infliction with bambooitis!

The only cure for you is to give that bamboo rod away. Maybe to a neighbor from Pennsyvania

Hi Scott----Check out the PA.Fish-In.If you could make it,it would be nice to meet you.
    I love the boo rods also and spend a lot of time bringing the old ones back to life.

Welcome to the site Scott. You will find the best bunch of folks here that will help you with anything to do with fly fishing, tying, rod building and fishing equipment. There are many helpful articles and pages here. Also don't forget to check out the many great sponsors on the sponsors page. Just ask a question here and you will get the answer. John

------------------
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Thanks guys,

I wish I could make it to the PA. FISH-IN, sounds like a lot of fun. It's just too short of notice for me to work it out in my work schedule.

Will they be having one in the fall? If not I'll try and catch next years event.

Scott

Hi teastick. NYer here but lived for awhile in Middletown and Lock Haven, PA. Worked in the little town of Renovo(wonder if it even exists anymore?) and fished the nearby creeks.
    Dark side huh? Well, there are many here who do not see their shadows.

Have fun.

Allan

gerry 1,
    I'm envious, I wish I had a boo rod that was purchased or passed down to me from my dad or granddad....treasure it!

tyeflies,
    Renovo was once a thriving town.....a very, very long time ago. My family homestead is in North Bend, you probably drove through it on your way to work (if you blinked you would have missed it) I still have family up that way, Renovo, North Bend, Lock Haven, Williamsport. My grandfather was 1 of 12 children, so my family is huge.

Scott

Hi Tea Stick and welcome. A great site and you may want to sit in on our Angler's Hut chatroom.
    Bob A

Teastick,

Welcome aboard. They're a number of us that have that terrible desire for grass and worm poo, me being one of them. I have a few Boo rods in my quiver, but haven't broken down and purchased a silk line ....yet.

Stop by the chatroom and say hello. Great bunch of folks there every night. Bamboo night is Thursday.

If you've ever thought about fishing Idaho, we're having a Fish-In this fall (last week in September) in Lowell, Idaho. You can fish the Selway, Lochsa and Clearwater all on the same day. Lots of great fishing.

[This message has been edited by Ron Eagle Elk (edited 27 May 2006).]
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Hey scott

I live in pottsville not too far from you. I only started fly fishing a few months ago but have been turned on to some good fishing. We are in a good area for it. Maybe Ill see you on the chat sometime.

wireguy

Hello Tea Stick
    You will meet lots of good people here. I am just a bit north of you in Tower City. On the mention of Renova, We stopped there yesterday on way home from three days on the Kettle. Had an excellant cone of ice cream at a shop that really pushes nostalagia ( spelled wrong I am certain). Nothing wrong with stopping by fish in for only a day or two just to say hello and meet people.

+ Reply to Thread