+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A strange Problem

I thought I had it fixed by changing the Editor interface from enhanced to basic. But when I went to post the message, it did not post.
    I'm trying again, so will see if this message posts.

Well it worked and now I see that both messages posted.

Almost always when single keys fail at work (I am not a tech wizard but manage our IT) it is because of a dirty keyboard. Everything bagels are deadly to keyboards.... Anyway, get a can of compressed air and clean out under the keys also a quick fix...turn the key board over and GENTLY tap on the back to clear any debris under the keys...NO water...No household spray cleaner. I get the best looks from the smartest people when I give the keyboard a couple of taps or a quick air spray and the problem is fixed...awesome Good Luck...KMQ

Quote Originally Posted by kmichael View Post
    Almost always when single keys fail at work (I am not a tech wizard but manage our IT) it is because of a dirty keyboard. Everything bagels are deadly to keyboards.... Anyway, get a can of compressed air and clean out under the keys also a quick fix...turn the key board over and GENTLY tap on the back to clear any debris under the keys...NO water...No household spray cleaner. I get the best looks from the smartest people when I give the keyboard a couple of taps or a quick air spray and the problem is fixed...awesome Good Luck...KMQ
    I agree, but in this case the only time the enter key wouldn't work was when I was typing on this board. It worked fine everywhere else. The problem has now been corrected as noted in my post above.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by kmichael View Post
    I get the best looks from the smartest people when I give the keyboard a couple of taps or a quick air spray and the problem is fixed...awesome Good Luck...KMQ
    I have never been to a computer training class, other than software, in my life. But, unless my wife is telling me something, I listen well. A colleague and I were talking a few years back and he told he his computer had died. After confirming the next move was to the recycle bin I repeated advice I had heard from a computer guy. When all else has failed take the hard drive out and slam it ONE time on a solid level surface. He called me a couple of days later starting off with "You're a genius!" It had worked, the harddrive was stuck and the jar freed it up and the computer started back working.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I have never been to a computer training class, other than software, in my life. But, unless my wife is telling me something, I listen well. A colleague and I were talking a few years back and he told he his computer had died. After confirming the next move was to the recycle bin I repeated advice I had heard from a computer guy. When all else has failed take the hard drive out and slam it ONE time on a solid level surface. He called me a couple of days later starting off with "You're a genius!" It had worked, the harddrive was stuck and the jar freed it up and the computer started back working.
    I would assume you need to also cuss it some at the same time.
    That may work but I would certainly save it for the very last thing to try. LOL.

Blog Entries

Dave,

In the navy we called that a 'Drop Check'.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Dave.

While in IE and signing onto this net I have to sign twice before it takes. Also when going to the BB the screen
    goes blank and I have to hit "F5" (refresh) and all is good again. I also get flies stuck in the trees behind me,
    but that is not a "BUSH" caused problem.

Crunchy

Quote Originally Posted by dave potts View Post
    I would assume you need to also cuss it some at the same time. That may work but I would certainly save it for the very last thing to try. LOL.
    It is the LAST resort, because I have reached a point in my life where people expect better of me, I try not to cuss, although I am not alway successful. After working my way through college doing road construction and spending 23 years in Army National Guard Aviation, it's not that I don't know how. I haven't noticed much of a lack of impact in expressing myself.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread