+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for new nymph rod

My view of a fly rod length for fly fishing streams is, if my fly rod is longer than the stream is wide, go with a short fly rod, especially if it is for soft hackle and nymph fly patterns.

Being a Minnesotan, we make a frugal Scots Fly Angler seem like a spend thrift.

I bought a 4 wt, 7 foot, 2 piece fly rod from Cabalas for $40.

I have longer fly rods for open water, but for small streams I do not need to cast a country mile.

~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Blog Entries

Sierra Trading Post may have had the Echo Shadow, 10', 3wt, 4pc rods at under $100 delivered in the last month.........................

I may have gotten two of them...........

They do not have them now, but I might just be looking VERY closely at their site if I was looking for such a rod............

It may be as close to ideal as they come...............

NewTyer 1 Guest

I second Kevin. He built me one of his Military rods and I couldn't be happier. Last I knew he wasn't feeling so well, I hope he is better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    If I had $400 to spend on a new rod I would talk with Kevin Proctor and see what he could personalize for me for that amount. I'm betting you would be happier with the result than anything you will find sitting in a rack somewhere. http://www.coloradocustomflyrods.com/

I have a Dan Craft FT1003-4 10 ft 3 wt four piece nymphing rod that is in very good to excellent condition that I would be willing to sell for $250 plus shipping. The blank alone went for close to $200. Great nymphing rod, I just don't need it anymore. Let me know if you're interested. Photos and more details available upon request.

Jim Smith

Blog Entries

Absolutely a Cortland Brook series rod. Sensitive, light, balanced, and throws a dry fly well too. $200 range +-.

+ Reply to Thread