+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In the beginning.....

Default In the beginning.....

In the beginning the barber shop on Main Street had Field and Stream magazines and I would read the articles that talked about matching the hatch and things of which I had zero knowledge and did not know anyone who had knowledge in such thing. But it created a long term interest in making my own flies even though there are zero trout living in the state of Mississippi. But after moving to Georgia, I sat my spinning and casting rods aside and started back slinging line again. A few years after that my son bought me a basic vise and a couple of beginners level books on fly tying. Today I looked down and found a reminder of those days. You will probably recognize the top object as the remainder of a child's puzzle, the lower was the fore sole from a high mileage Nike running shoe. My first fly was what I called a Nike bug. The popping bug below. I obviously got my money out of the puzzle but both have flies left in them.

It started.jpgPicture 137.jpg
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Jesse,

The intro to your thread reminded me of a joke. Hope it doesn't offend anyone.

"How do you know that G_D was/is a baseball fan? Because the Bible starts with the words, "In the Big Inning".

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Jesse, The intro to your thread reminded me of a joke. Hope it doesn't offend anyone. "How do you know that G_D was/is a baseball fan? Because the Bible starts with the words, "In the Big Inning". Allan
    I go to a Southern Baptist Church about as regular as most folks I know, I'm not offended. I am sure God has a great sense of humor.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread