+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howdy...

Welcome from Wyoming, you do know you are responsible for doughnuts and coffee, required of all newbies. Enjoy great sight, and do watch out for HRH betty, alias The Swamp Witch.
    Wyo-Blizzard

OML!!! I leave the room of just a minute ... !!! One thing for sure about this board ... the friendships you make here are incredible! Or maybe that's incorrigible?
    <Proudly known as> HRH the Swamp Witch
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

A great big welcome from Oregon.

Rocky

Hi Prairieschooner,

Its great to have you here. I am a transplanted Kansan, and have been here in Texas over 20 years, but still love the State of Kansas. (Texas is a wonderful place to live too.)

Be aware though, some of us Kansans or former Kansans may be better named "Windwagons." (Don't know if the non-Kansans have read enough Kansas history to know the story of the windwagon.)

At any rate, I have never been to the SE Kansas fish-in, but hope to go some day and get to meet some of the nice folks from Kansas, Western Missouri, and Northern Oklahoma.

I have never deliberately fished for carp, but did catch one on an olive and orange fished very slowly across the bottom, and think the carp took it for a crawdad. (Growing up in NW Kansas I never heard anyone call one a cray fish.)

Regards,

Gandolf

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Virtual coffee and donuts all around! Betty, your disguise apparently is working well; you seem like such a nice person! They're crawdads to me too, Gandolf. Where did you grow up? I'm a western-Kansas boy myself. Thanks again, all!
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Prairieschooner,

I lived in Stockton, Almena, but grew up primarily in Atwood. Where did you grow up?

Regards,

Gandolf

I grew up in Palco, and my wife in Hill City. Sounds like we all were practically neighbors!
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Schooner, welcome to the rag-tag group that really know what they are talking about.... we play well together and try to do what we can to promote the thing that we are passionate about; flyfishing. It's your turn to bring the coffee and donuts... Best Regards...
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Welcome aboard from the left coast.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Welcome aboard! Keep an eye on Betty........ (that's all I will say, for fear of being turned into a toad otherwise)
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

+ Reply to Thread