+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cree

MV,
    I dont think Charlie sells Cree, could be wrong, call or if you are close stop by he will let you rummage through the bins till you find what you want, however call first.
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

For those of you who have never seen a good Cree rooster.
    This one had over 60% of the hackles, each with all 5 of the multi colors.

Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Very nice Denny!
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Let that bird loose in a room full of flytyers and he'd look something like this:

Regards,
    Scott

I have a full Cree Skin from Denny and it's absolutely beautiful!

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by flybugpa View Post
    MV,
    I dont think Charlie sells Cree, could be wrong, call or if you are close stop by he will let you rummage through the bins till you find what you want, however call first.
    Collins does sell cree to established customers. I just bought a no2 last week for $70.00. It's very nice and has all the colors

after all these years, people still get their panties in a twist about someone's stated OPINION of what is or isn't a good feather.

I can hardly believe my eyes, we actually do have Feather Snobs! "depends on who you know", "only to established customers", conspiracy theories about Whiting "sitting on" stocks of what aren't even really cree feathers... Hell put a room full of long time tyers together and you'll have a hard time getting 3 of them to agree what cree actually is! From my POV it's all about people wanting to tie an Adams with only one feather.

Maybe it's just another illustration that I've lived my life all wrong, that I love flies, feathers, and fishing but don't give a damn that I have to be an insider with special contacts to buy an alleged Cree cape.

OK....Cree?....or no Cree?

CREE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jszymczyk View Post
    after all these years, people still get their panties in a twist about someone's stated OPINION of what is or isn't a good feather.

I can hardly believe my eyes, we actually do have Feather Snobs! "depends on who you know", "only to established customers", conspiracy theories about Whiting "sitting on" stocks of what aren't even really cree feathers... Hell put a room full of long time tyers together and you'll have a hard time getting 3 of them to agree what cree actually is! From my POV it's all about people wanting to tie an Adams with only one feather.

Maybe it's just another illustration that I've lived my life all wrong, that I love flies, feathers, and fishing but don't give a damn that I have to be an insider with special contacts to buy an alleged Cree cape.
    Collins is a small grower and some years only gets a couple of cree's per year. As a result he reserves the cree's for he his regular customers. So. it's not snobbery on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by jszymczyk View Post

You would have really had your eyes opened, had you visited the chat room when discussion of this thread was going on..talk about twisted panties....hence my earlier post
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread