+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I won the DU Dinner Gun. Now What?

Thanks for all of your input. I decided to keep the gun and shoot it! I realized that this particular gun will mean more to me every time I take it out because it is a special gun that I won while I was supporting an organization that I like supporting, Ducks Unlimited.

Shoot it. That is what it is for. I have a few engraved banquet edition rifles that I got at Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquets. At first I thought I would just keep them in never shot condition. Then I decided what the heck and put scopes on them and use them for hunting.

Rocky

Use it until it breaks, and then hang it on the wall. It did not cost anything, give it a go. You will never forgive yourself if you sell it without using it. I know I am kicking myself for selling shotguns, I never should have never sold to begin with.
    Shoot straight, bird down.

Quote Originally Posted by ldice View Post
    Use it until it breaks, and then hang it on the wall. It did not cost anything, give it a go. You will never forgive yourself if you sell it without using it. I know I am kicking myself for selling shotguns, I never should have never sold to begin with.
    Shoot straight, bird down.
    I agree with you completely. That being said, I wouldn't say it didn't cost anything. As someone said at the banquet when I won it, I could have probably bought this gun 3 times with what I'v spent on raffle tickets over the years.

Actually I've been pretty fortunate over the years. I believe this is the 4th gun I've won at the DU banquet over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Thanks for all of your input. I decided to keep the gun and shoot it! I realized that this particular gun will mean more to me every time I take it out because it is a special gun that I won while I was supporting an organization that I like supporting, Ducks Unlimited.
    I think you have done the wise thing. Use it but preserve it for the grandchildren and great grandchildren. A generation or two removed down the road is when the real value starts to show up. We better save something for them considering the incredible debt we are irresponsibly passing on to them.

Enjoy the shotgun! You earned it for your support of DU. Without folks like you the waterfowl would have long ago lost most of what wetlands we had remaining in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I agree with you completely. That being said, I wouldn't say it didn't cost anything. As someone said at the banquet when I won it, I could have probably bought this gun 3 times with what I'v spent on raffle tickets over the years.

Actually I've been pretty fortunate over the years. I believe this is the 4th gun I've won at the DU banquet over the years.
    Your original post states this is the first gun you've won or maybe not?
    Maybe this is the first primo gun?

Confused as always!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Blog Entries

If you read closely you will see that he won the fancy gun this time, there are various guns, one top prize

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post

Confused as always!
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
    If you read closely you will see that he won the fancy gun this time, there are various guns, one top prize

Eric
    Thanks Eric.

Well, I would shoot it for fun or hunt with it seriously! IMO.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post

Confused as always!
    Sorry for the confusion. I have been luckier than some. Have won a few other guns over the years. This is the DINNER GUN! Fancy stuff.

Love to see the firearm if you could post some pics? Here is my nothing special baby:

Ruger M77R

+ Reply to Thread