+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I won the DU Dinner Gun. Now What?

Blog Entries

I would sit back and say If I had a thousand dollars to spend on anything what would I spend it on. if it isnt that shotgun then I would convert it to somthing else. I would look at it as a nice big $1000 bill or perhaps more with the right buyer.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

if you are too worried about damaging the gun I would say sell and get one you are not worried about using. If not I would use it. I am sure that there are many people who had wished they won that gun. Enjoy

Use it! I've got a Parker and Hale .30-06, and a Weatherby over/under. The .06 has all kinds of engraving and gold leafing all over the rifle. I use it as my elk rifle, and have no qualms about using a work of art for what it was intended for. Same with the Weatherby. I love taking it out for a day in the field. I wouldn't hesitate at all if I wanted to use it.
    It would be like owning a fine bamboo fly rod and not using it...why not, the maker no doubt spent hundreds of hours refining the taper on the rod so that it would cast effortlessley, he might be horrified that you didn't fish his rod after all his hard work....just a thought.

TT.

I too buy a ticket every year at the pheasant forever event. i've never won but if I did I would probably sell it if it wasn't something i liked. I've watched for years and never seen one of those DU guns increase too much in value. there are people out there that do collect them and are probably willing to pay well for one.
    last year my neighbor won the Pheasants forever gun. a really nice AYA 20 gauge SXS. he shoots mostly trap. what to do, what to do.
    I would sel yours and upgrade to something you really want.
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

AND, I, on the other hand, have NO suggestions except for, I'll buy it from you at a "fair" price. PM me if interested.

Mark

I add my voice to those who say use it but take care of it when you're done. I am one of those guys who loves owning the best he can afford and then using it. The good stuff usuall works better and is more reliable than the cheap stuff anyway, not that the cheap stuff won't do the job.

NewTyer 1 Guest

I think you should sell it and get something like this in a 20 ga.

http://www.westleyrichards.co.uk/GUNS/New-Guns

Congratulations. I think you should keep it but thats just me. You said you have been trying to win this for years. Now, you want to sell it? I think you would regret selling it.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    I think you should sell it and get something like this in a 20 ga.

http://www.westleyrichards.co.uk/GUNS/New-Guns
    It would be a start on a down payment. A side by side 20 gauge double was about three and a half times what I paid for my first house.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Well, As for a shotgun, I'm partial to a 20 guage, BUT if it feels good, USE IT! After haveing a FFL for a number of years, And being a hunter's Ed instructor, I have always preached, if it feels good to hold, shot it. Know, I just got a new compound bow from Mathews and North Americn Hunting Club that retails for $959.00. I won it,I couldn't bring myself spend that much on a bow or a rifle, or handgun. Yes, the bow feels GOOD and balances GREAT. Yes, I will use it, haven't bow hunted in 4 years but am taking it up again.
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread