+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Campbell back in the hospital

I wish that I'd known you along the stream or over a cup of coffee, Al. You and others like you give me faith...that something is right with this world. And I'm grateful for that!

Ol' Bill

'Death is not the end, but a path we must all take.' (Gandolf: The Return of the King)People of faith know that death is not the end, but only the beginning to a new life. That this life is only temporary. Al. I'm sorry we never had the opportunity to meet or fish together on this earth. I'm looking forward to doing both in the next.

God Bless you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Al,
    God Bless you as he Blessed us by placing you in our lives.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

God bless you, Al...........

Jim A

I am very shocked right now and don't know what to say ...All I know is that Al will be greatly missed.

------------------
    "Get the drift?"

[This message has been edited by Stonefly Nymph (edited 07 March 2005).]

Al;

I think it can be seen how deeply the ripples from your life have disturbed the waters we all pass through. I don't say goodbye, I just say see you later, and good luck scouting eternities fishing holes. I know we will meet up and the beat will go on.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Sunset and evening star,
    And one clear call for me!
    And may there be no moaning of the bar
    When I put out to sea.

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
    Too full for sound and foam.
    When that which drew from the boundless deep
    Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
    And after that the dark!
    And may there be no sadness of farewell
    When I embark.

For, though from out our bourne of time and place
    The flood may bear me far,
    I hope to see my Pilot face to face
    When I have crossed the bar.
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

Just last night I was reading his tying tips and thinking about how we would miss having them and him.

I am sadden at the news, Al Campbell is back in the hospital, because of the brain tumor. I knew (felt) that his time out of the hospital, was just a temporary reprieve, yet a friend always prays for a miracle. Yet in a way there has been a miracle of a different sort.

Some of us have been fortunate enough to meet Al, and to know the sound of his voice, and understand what a truly wonderful person he really is. Others at FAOL, having never met Al Campbell, know how he has touch their hearts. One thing I do know, whether you personally knew Al, or only knew Al through his writings, visiting in the Angler?s Hut, and his comments on the Bulletin Board, Al become a ?Friend and Mentor? to all us, and we have learned to love Al, not for what he has done, but for the person he is!

I will continue my prayers to God, for Al Campbell and his family, as they travel this difficult passage in life. I will also pray for all of Al Campbell?s friends, through this difficult time. I pray that the Grace of God, which passes all understand, comforts those who feel at a loss on how to handle this final chapter in Al?s life on this earth. And I will rejoice when we meet again in the Life Everlasting!

Al Campbell?s life, has been a life full of love, for all those that he has met, and those who came to know him through his words and articles. We may lose the companionship of Al?s company, until it is our time to leave this world. Yet even after Al life here is over, his words, and his work here will live on through all that have come to love Al and be loved by Al Campbell.

~ Parnelli

"The Lord bless you, and keep you.

The Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious onto you.

The Lord look with favor upon you, and give you peace."

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 07 March 2005).]

10. Default

All tho I have never met the Man his posts and instruction has been most helpful to me.

If and when Al is called I'm sure that God will put Him on the prettiest streams where every cast is a 18in catch.

He will be truely missed but we will all meet again someday on the bast fishing streams there is God willing.

------------------
    Jim Bolden Sr

I caught a Fish so big once I couldn't weigh it.
    Took a picture of it and the picture weighed 20LBS! (My Dad)

+ Reply to Thread