+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Contrary to.........................

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

My father left me with many great lessons in life. He used to say. "A man is only as good as his word, lie to me once and your a liar for life". I live by this I am a man as good as my word, Thanks Dad! Glad to see there are others out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanxxxv View Post
    My father left me with many great lessons in life. He used to say. "A man is only as good as his word, lie to me once and your a liar for life". I live by this I am a man as good as my word, Thanks Dad! Glad to see there are others out there.

I take it that a woman has never asked you if these pants make her look fat....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess View Post
    I take it that a woman has never asked you if these pants make her look fat....LOL
    Just tell her that if there is enough room to spell 'bootylicious' on the back of her pants...it probably isn't.

I do not have an orvis hydros but do have 2 other orvis rods that do represent the actions given them. however, my cousin did take advantage of the same offer you did and got a hydros 7.5 mid fles 6wt. when he came to visit i was able to use the rod to land a 6 - 7 lb steelie, he landed several other steelies. i found the rod to have more than enough backbone and the mid flex action was perfect for the prsentation on the steelies, light flies, 4x tippets, big fish. granted it was very different from my Scott S4 but very easy to adjust to. as for being a noodle, are you talking about a 4wt? a 4wt is not a stout rod. i have found orvis rods are not as stiff as other western made rods. orvis tapers were designed for eastern streams, which are very much smaller than the big river out west. also orvis was traditionally a dry fly design, with flexes into the handle. i fished some of these older models and they cast and roll cast dries effortlessly. just remember every tool has it function and use the right tool for the job at hand. so that hydros may not be ideal for pounding the bank with streamers or nymphing a 3 fly rig, but just through a 18 bwo with it and smile.

Of course I agree smaller flies with smaller weight rods, that is a gimmie, however I do throw #28's with my 6 wt. if that is what is required. I think rod weight is more an issue for the size of fish targeting. I have landed 24" trout on a #32. And yes you can land any size fish on any size rod, but it can also exhaust a fish to death if going too light.
    You can also cast large heavy flies with full flex (bamboo and glass) you just need to slow down.
    As I mentioned I have the older TL rod in an 8'6" 4 wt tip flex 9.5. The fact that it is a 4 wt. didn't matter, it is a fast action rod. That same snappy flex as the 6 wt 9.5 tip flex.

Another woman duped. One NEVER answers that question. One changes the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Another woman duped. One NEVER answers that question. One changes the subject.
    That's not a question, it's either an IQ test or an invitation to a fight.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Well I think we've squeezed/squozen ALL the juice out of this one. Thanks for all the responses, SOME were even helpful

Mark

Joni, you crack me up.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Reviving an "oldie""
    Having now been in posession of "the rod" for two Wyoming fishing trips, I OFFICIALLY retract my original description of " like a wet noodle" and agree with with Joanee (Fly Godess)and Ladyfisher, that one should NOT judge a fly rod by a "wiggle". I have since enticed and landed several trouts large enough to test it's maximum peramiters and it passed with colors.
    As I have many times mentioned, my concern is WHERE I fish and not WITH WHAT, I have never felt a need to spend $$$$$ on a fishin pole BUT I do REALLY (NOW) like this rod and almost justify it's cost/

Mark

+ Reply to Thread