+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest most colorful catch of 2011 - what was yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    After looking over the latest batch of images, I have come to a single conclusion. We are the luckiest people on earth as we get to see all of this.
    I heartily concur.

Lightbulb Biggest, most colorful catch of ( December 28 ) 2011 ...

... was this guy.

Cold and a steady rain, but the fishies were eating. Best day I've had this late in a year, and on a creek that I'm just starting to get the hang of. Weather should be good enough Friday to bring one more note of color to the end of 2011. ( Guess I'd better be getting a license for 2012 this weekend. )

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

Hmmm. Montana fishing licenses are good thru the end of February. Don't give away too many secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Hmmm. Montana fishing licenses are good thru the end of February. ...
    Yeah - I got reminded of that when I went into the Grizzly Hackle this morning to buy the 2012 license. Getting next years license on the 28-29 of December is an old habit from my time in Idaho. Which reminds me, I need to be getting a 2012 Idaho license soon !!

We are getting quite a few anglers to request the 365 from Idaho, wann help us? Utah changed their laws a few years back. Just like a car, you license 365 days from original purchase. We changed Boats and RVs to the 365 as well. It really is a good thing.

No snow, very weird for this time of year and at 5,600 ft elevation, but raining like crazy, a lot of fun. Here is some last of 2011 color:

Arrow Biggest, most colorful catch of ( December 30 ) 2011 ...

... first, on the West Fork. Got to say, this cutt was big, and healthy, and strong, and very colorful, but he also had a very unusual shape ( outsized head and smallish body ) and a badly deformed jaw ( pushed off to the left, for whatever reason ).

Next, on the East Fork. This brown was about the same size as the cutt, and also was very healthy and strong, and had very good color, but was pretty slim. Spawned out.

So that's a wrap for 2011.

John

P.S. Regarding Joni's comments on the weather - several inches of fresh snow but driving rain while I was on the West Fork , and no new snow and intermittent rain on the East Fork. A LaNina Winter, but an unusual one, for sure.

+ Reply to Thread