+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterproof Camera

I was just looking at listed prices, I have never used Newegg.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I dunked my nikon, and decided to get a Panasonic waterproof. I bought the lowest end (cheapest), I figured anything would be an upgrade from my "vintage" nikon, the new Panasonic had double the megapixels, etc. Wrong. My wife has a Panasonic and so do my niece and sister in law, they have been outstanding. This low end waterproof has not. I think the model is a ts10.... My advice, look at the Pentax......
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I have a friend who was part of the management team for the Toshiba plant in Lebanon, TN. He pointed out that factory refurbed products get a 100% quality check, first run products get spot checks. Since that time I have had no fear about buying refurb products and will probably lean toward them.
    I was thinking about the refurbished aswell. Glad you posted this.

I have taken a few underwater pics, but it's not really my cup of tea. The reason I want another waterproof camera is when it (the camera or me) fall in the water....It's not a question of if, but when.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I have taken a few underwater pics, but it's not really my cup of tea. The reason I want another waterproof camera is when it (the camera or me) fall in the water....It's not a question of if, but when.
    You are my people. I'm scourging for a replacement cell phone after dowin a half roll in my tube.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

NewTyer 1 Guest

I am pretty excited. I went to my last Student Government meeting of the school year and they gave everyone a free raffle ticket for one of these cameras and I won. This is my first WP camera. Regular price was $148. Not a bad deal for free. Looking forward to using it. It also came with a 4GB memory card. Like I said, not bad for free.

I had one of those camera's first time I took it fishing the lens cover popped of, didn't see it gone until after I took an underwater shot. Camera was fried, Had the camera for three months, called to see about repair/replacement and was told my problem was caused by Human error and would not fix or replace my camera. So I sent it back to them with $1.00 in pastage and 1 pound of old lead sinkers and smashed in as many pieces as I could. Got a very nasty letter from them. Called them again and they gave me my money back this time.

Blog Entries

For work this year we bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3. Waterproof to 40 feet, dustproof, shockproof when dropped from 2 meters, orange so it would be easy to find, with reflective orange tape added just in case...

it was dropped in the wilderness, in its black case, and was never seen again. We had to buy a replacement.

Great camera by the way, pocket-sized, around $250. GPS tags the photos, shoots HD stereo video, etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread