+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Common Courtesy

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    What did you really expect for $50.00?
    The vast majority of these lower end bamboo rods are p.o.s.'s.

You have to do some study and due diligence when it comes to vintage bamboo.

Seems everyone wants to own and fish one but they don't have a clue when it comes to buying?

Got me!
    For my $50 I would expect to buy a rod as it was described, especially if I couldn't get my hands on it first. I have purchased decent equipment for much less than it was worth, many many times. If the rod was a tomato stake, as the original poster stated, and that is not what was described, then he got ripped off. And it's not like Marco wouldn't have known better.

As far as not gettiing flamed, you stoked the fire with your original post flaming the purchase as naive...in a inflamatory way.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

I'm sorry I started this thread. It has totally morphed in the wrong direction. None of my comments were or are directed at anyone in this topic. I got burned by someone who doesn't know the rules. Simple as that, and the problem has since been resolved. Admin, if you please, could you delete this thread. Thank you, and I'm sorry.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Lotech Joe,

Good thread! I've gotten some items from folks on this site. Some were less expensive and I was able to send the full amount up-front. Other items I've had to make "payments". I never expect to get something sent until the seller is paid in full. I always send a PM before I say I'll take it, so that the seller knows what my terms are and if they are able to work with me. I would never ask someone to modify their terms if I wasn't absolutely able to follow up with the changes I am asking someone to make. I was actually afraid I was being "anal" about keeping the sellers posted as to my every move. Check sent - was it received? - 2nd check sent etc. I am happy to say that I've had all good experiences and hope that the sellers can say the same about me. My honesty and reputation are VERY important to me and can say with pride that my handshake is as good as gold. I hold a special kinship with my fellow flyfishers and tyers and would be devastated if I ever lost that. Things do happen, and the buyer should make every effort to keep in touch, so bad feelings are not started. Btw Joe, I am happy that there are no "rules" other than the "Golden Rule", and that which is agreed upon by each individual buyer and seller. Life just doesn't allow us all to fit into some neat little package - some give and take will probably be needed. Good luck with your situation - don't let it sour the rest of us apples in the barrel though. LOL!!

Best regards always, Dave S.

+ Reply to Thread