+ Reply to Thread

Thread: carp on a full flex

Default carp on a full flex

used my fenwick this morning. It still works!

Last edited by Bill-B'klyn; 09-24-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Looks a little wet out there.

I went out fishing for carp for the first time a few weeks ago and had an absolute hoot. How did the Fenwick do?

Fenwick worked well not a problem. But I don't like to use my 2 piece rods; I normally use my travel rods because they fit in my back pack.

The colors on that carp are really great and it does look like it might have rained a little there! One thing I noticed in the picture is that your fly line is not coming out of the front of the reel. You need to remove the spool and make sure the fly is coming out the front. Just something I noticed.

Thanks for sharing....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Is that a automatic reel on the rod ? I see some sorta black thing what looks like a lever just in front of that reel...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

This reel is a semi automatic fly reel ( no big spring inside ). Semi automatic fly reels are very popular in Europe especially for competitive fly fishing. They have adjustable drags, removable spools & can be fished in fresh or saltwater. The fly line is exiting from the line guides built into the reel.

Here is a collection of the new semi automatic fly reels I currently fish. There are more but these are the best on the market:

top left: Franco Vivarelli Goldstar top right: ATP 37 Aluminum

bottom left: Thinkfish Bold bottom right: ATP 37 Graphite
    Last edited by Bill-B'klyn; 09-25-2011 at 09:19 PM.

wher do you buy those? Looks like ya pull the lever & the reel turns an x # of rounds spooling up some line...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

they are high end products. Dan Bailey sells the Franco Vivarelli semi automatic fly reels in the U S. the line is retrieved each time the lever is squeezed ( a lot faster than standard fly reels). spool turns 5 1/2 times per squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    The colors on that carp are really great and it does look like it might have rained a little there! One thing I noticed in the picture is that your fly line is not coming out of the front of the reel. You need to remove the spool and make sure the fly is coming out the front. Just something I noticed.

Thanks for sharing....
    can't do that. this reel has it's line guides lower so that the lever and the fly line never meet.

+ Reply to Thread