+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Norway?

Default Norway?

Anyone ever fly fished in Norway?

There's not a ton of information out there, but from what I can find there don't appear to be too many restrictions. Are there any weird regulations that I'm unaware of? The biggest issue seems to be getting access. How difficult is access to river fishing?

How about fishing from the beaches/fjords? I know you don't even need a license to fish there, but I'm just curious how easy it is to successfully fish these places.

There was a discussion about fishing in Norway on Dan Blanton's Bulletin Board back in June. The short version is that freshwater is difficult to access and expensive, but saltwater is free and abundant with good opportunities to catch fish. Here is a link to one person explaining the situation:

http://www.danblanton.com/viewarchiv...arch201106.php

Regards,
    Ted

Yes I have, but it was in 1982 or 83 and on an island north of the arctic circle, so it's not so useful now! Sorry! There were char in the freshwater lakes.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

+ Reply to Thread