+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kelly's Cajun FW flies with different duck wings

Blog Entries

That is a shame. I bought some jig bodies so I could tie some for my brother. I hate to hear he was effected by this, what a bummer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mahanvey View Post
    Where are you Kelly? Near Palo Pinto? Those fires are almost out I thought! Don't tell me they are going again...
    I am in the Longview area. We are not far from the Diana, Liberty City, Gladewater fires...all towns not far from me. The smoke was bad this morning. But it is much better now. I could see down Hwy 259 to the Diana area, it was very dark. Diana is the next town up from us on Hwy 259.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nicolson View Post
    Take care Kelly, don't take any chances.
    Here in Scotland, the summer is well and truly over, temperature has dropped
    and the rain has started. I told someone today to stop complaining, at least
    we don't have fires, Scotland doesn't seem so bad.
    We have had about 3 cool nights for the first time. I am more than ready for fall weather here. In a few days though, the weather is going to heat back up to close to 100 deg. I have always wanted to go to Scotland. I have a good bit of Scottish blood. (Ross family)

Well Kelly I have a bunch of Irish (or as we Texas say it ourish) blood in me and I'd really like to see Ireland too. Somehow I can't imagine buildings as old as they are over there, but I know they are. Over here they build buildings and houses to last 30-50 years and then tear them down without thinking one thing about it. You'd never think anything about doing that over in the old country. :0)

Blog Entries

I think most Americans are a mix, I know I am. I have Scottish, Irish, English, German, French, and Cherokee. I would like to visit all of the lands my ancestors came from. You can see a bit of Cherokee in me, and my daughter. My son looks like he could easily be Irish or Scottish. He has strawberry blonde hair, and very fair skin, with blue eyes. I get a kick out of hearing different accents too. I wanted to be stationed in Europe when I was in the USN, but I was in the USA, and then on a ship. So I never got to see some of those countries I mentioned. The Scottish and Irish are great fly tyers. I am not sure about Germans, and the French.

Hi Kelly,
    You say you have the 'Ross' name and some Cherokee in your background, do you have a
    very illustrious ancestor? John Ross for instance?
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

Blog Entries

Not that I know of Donald. My Cherokee bloodlines came from NC. But it was not the Ross family. The Ross family is connected to Ross Castle. My Ross ancestor branch were in the US before 1750. The Ross bloodlines came via my paternal grandmother's side. The John Ross you speak of was a chief. He had mostly Scottish blood though. Very famous guy too! My Cherokee blood comes to me via my maternal grandmother's side.

+ Reply to Thread