+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Water Fly Fishing

I took a look at their website and kind of liked what I saw. What I gathered however, was that they are either selling their products faster than they can make them or production has slowed way down. Most of what I looked at in the 4-5 & 6 weight category (rods & reels) indicated that they were out of stock.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

All I can say is you tend to get what you pay for. If you want a quality rod, put up the $$ for one. If you want a beater rod to lend your friends who are learning get a cheap-o rod. Dont expect much though IMO.

Thank you to all who responded. The potential breakage issue is certainly a significant one even if it comes with a warranty. Quite honestly I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on a purchase, but I did think the product looked compelling for the price.

Brian
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

Blog Entries

Spending a lot of $$ does not guarantee a quality rod, nor does spending less $$ mean you will not get quality. A couple of my favorite rods are Cortland Brook series <$200 and another is a Reddington CPS that I paid $150 for, which compares favorably with a Sage XP. Yes I do have some Sages, and mostly they don't get fished as much. For the Angler who does not fish 100 days a year minimum, I do not see the need to invest a huge amount of money in top end rods, unless you just have a lot of money to play with. For the "average Joe" you can get quality components and very good performance for $200 or less and not feel cheated in any way.

Spending a lot of $$ does not guarantee a quality rod, nor does spending less $$ mean you will not get quality. A couple of my favorite rods are Cortland Brook series <$200 and another is a Reddington CPS that I paid $150 for, which compares favorably with a Sage XP. Yes I do have some Sages, and mostly they don't get fished as much. For the Angler who does not fish 100 days a year minimum, I do not see the need to invest a huge amount of money in top end rods, unless you just have a lot of money to play with. For the "average Joe" you can get quality components and very good performance for $200 or less and not feel cheated in any way.
    Exactly, Dave!

+ Reply to Thread