+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartfelt Sympathy

Default Heartfelt Sympathy

Okay, I know this area is not for political or war information or opinions, but I'm posting this and if any of the administrators feel it's inappropriate, then they can take it down.

I was shocked by the news yesterday about the crash of a large helicopter in Afganistan and the loss of more than 30 lives, mostly SEALS in that crash. When and what I heard initially was frightening. I had just gotten in my car and heard on the radio the last part of Governor Rick Perry's statement that, 'the families of the 30 or so 'Special Forces' who had been killed in Afganistan had his and the nation's condolences'. My heart dropped like a giant rock and I sped home very quickly while trying to get further news on other radio stations. I didn't get any. When I did get home I turned on the TV and went to the puter to learn latest news. Well, more news was still coming in and what I did hear was that the situation involved SEALS from Team 6 and some Afgan troops. I must admit that, while personally relieved, I was very much effected by these deaths.

So everyone, please say a prayer in your own way for the families of those who were killed and for all who are serving in war zones. Regardless of your political affiliation, those men and women are where they are to protect us and they need to know, through visible and spiritual efforts, that we care greatly about them.

Allan

Started praying yesterday. Still praying today.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Same here as well...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Thank you for posting this,,,,

feelings are the same here and have been for a very long while..
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Allan, You needn't fear for your son with every report of casualties in Afghanistan. If he is seriously injured you will be informed in person by a uniformed officer, in most cases before the media reports. I worked in the shop with the father of a sniper in army special forces and I know the background worry is always there but unless you have been unavailable you can feel reasonably certain that he is all right if you haven't had that knock on your door.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Ditto to what rainbowchaser said. We had two Marine officers in full dress blues here within hours of my son being injured. That does not reduce the general level of anxiety for anyone who has a loved one deployed, but it does mean that you don't have to get scared with every news report.

Deepest sympathies and condolences going out to the families, friends and comrades of all involved along with a lot of prayer.

Started the prayers when I first heard of it.
    Wyo-Blizzard

This was a terrible loss for the country and those who love freedom as well as for the families of the men lost. May God bless and comfort their families during this incredibly hard time.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Allan,
    My Prayers are with those who suffered losses and, as always, my Prayers are continued for all Military and Safety Forces.
    God Bless them,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread