+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do we have any talented artists here?

Default Do we have any talented artists here?

A few years ago I wrote the manuscript of a beginner's fly fishing book. It's reason for being was that I found that most of these books are written by experts who don't remember the questions a true beginner has. I wrote it as I was learning our sport, so it takes a different tack. I had the manuscript almost done when a son was severely injured in Iraq and my attention got refocused.

I'm now thinking of resurrecting this project, probably as a self-published print-on-demand book. My problem is that it will require quite a few line drawing illustrations and I can't do that.

I'm willing to be generous in splitting any income from the book with the illustrator. My part of any profits will go 100% to a great charity, Homes For Our Troops.

If anybody is interested, please send me a message here and we can take it to e-mail from there.

Thanks!

I'll bring this to VEE's attention to see if she's got the time.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Thanks, Ron! I need to figure out how to turn my FAOL pm service on. When I do that, I'll let you know my e-address.

Meanwhile, here's the link to the folks where I'll be sending my share of the profits. It is a great organization in terms of what they do and how low they keep their overhead. As of next week, I'll have helped them construct 8 homes, including one they built for my son. http://www.homesforourtroops.org/site/PageServer

+ Reply to Thread