+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Hair swap

Blog Entries

Dan my flies are leaving today, sorry with storms, tornadoes and cleanup it has been crazy. Went to Joplin yesterday to take donations and help friends that lost their home. Very sad.

Received flies from WCCNOVICE and LEBENGEEK. David your flies are very good, you took a lot of time and it shows. You just need to keep tying. Lebengeek you sent some very high quality flies, best I've seen in a long time. I glad you both joined my swap. I have yet to hear millerwb. I hope he's ok. Dan

Glad you like the flies Dan, Thanks again for hosting a swap.

Alan

flygal your flies are in. Still waitng to hear from millerwb. Dan's are on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Gober View Post
    flygal your flies are in. Still waitng to hear from millerwb. Dan's are on the way.
    Danny, et. al.,

I have been laid up with a hurt back for the last month and have not been able to complete my flies. I am sorry to have kept you waiting. I was hoping that I would get better and be able to get them completed.

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Hey millerwb..............no worries, bro. you're forgiven, after all, stuff happens and this is all 'sposed to be fun.........Modoc Dan

Modoc Dan your flies arrived. Looks like we are one man down. So give me a day or two and I'll have them sorted and on the way. Looks like Wednesday will be the day i can get to the PO. Dan

Flies are in the mail. Two days later than I planned. They are a terrific set of flies. Dan Gober

I got the flies today. All I can say is Wow! You all made some seriously awesome flies. The mouse is way cool! I can't believe what you can do with deer hair. I love it! The jitterbug is over the top. Thanks for letting a beginner play. I can see where I can go with this. I have something to aim for.

All the best,
    Dave

I received my flies, Thanks again for letting me join your swap Dan. Sorry I forgot to add tags to my flies, mine was the jitterbug looking fly. I explained to Dan about the fly and wanted to post so that others in the swap can utilize its functions. First the fly has an internal rattle, which helps make added noise in the water. The second feature is the convertible weed guard. By pulling on the brass beads at the hook eye you can suck the weed guard up and away from the hook when you are not fishing in the weeds. for fishing in weeds just pull on the mono at the belly of the fly and you have a weed guard again. I leave it weedless to keep the shape of the mono. If I'm in an area where i know i wont get snagged ill pull the weed guard out of the way of the hook. Enjoy and thanks for the flies, good luck on the water.

Alan

+ Reply to Thread