+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swap Box Round #2

Blog Entries

Woo Hoo, Thanks Brad, I shall look for it in a few days and will turn it around quickly

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMac View Post
    Woo Hoo, Thanks Brad, I shall look for it in a few days and will turn it around quickly
    Don't be too excited...cost me almost 30 bucks to get it shipped to you. I hope your destination is a little closer.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    Don't be too excited...cost me almost 30 bucks to get it shipped to you. I hope your destination is a little closer.

Brad
    $30.00 already? and you only took out one item? What the he++ is in that box that weighs so much? You must have sent it Priority?

Dave

One more thing...open that puppy in the garage, or outside. There are enough moth crystals in the thing to kill an elephant!!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    Dave

One more thing...open that puppy in the garage, or outside. There are enough moth crystals in the thing to kill an elephant!!

Brad
    Oh No...why do folks do that? Everything should be in separate zip bags without crystals. We are supposed to be putting in good, clean stuff.
    Last edited by DaveMac; 05-26-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Yes I am following the post from Brad.

Not sure where or when the crystals were put in the swap box, I cant police the box from Tenessee. I certinally dont recall any when me and Jack Hise went through it prior to Jack shipping the swap box to Gigmaster. There was little odor of crystals when first shipped out on round #1 from some materials donated to the swap box but nothing over powering as Brad expressed. I guess Dave, when you receive the box please remove any that you find and thank you for your help
    Last edited by popperfly; 05-26-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Blog Entries

I'll be happy to police the box so it has clean, packaged material in it. I will PM you when it arrives and again before I mail it.

All,

During round one there was some materails early in the swap that had bugs. I do not recal who but they "fumigate/cleaned" all the materails that they saw bugs and placed 2 bags of moth balls in the box. Those bags of moth balls were still in the box when I received it this past weekend. You are right, it does smell like moth balls so I would recomend removing the small bags of moth balls to resolve the issue. Regarding shipping costs, it cost me $18.50 to send it Priority Mail from Georgia to Ohio.

Bob

First round the bugs appeared. Albasurf and Fatman and perhaps others did great job cleaning things up . When box came to me I went through it closely, found one live bug. I put the two bags of moth flakes PCB. i USE THATINSTEAD OF MOTH BALLS FOR BAD STUFF. lONG TIME AGO,PROBABLY IN THE 60S i READ THAT MOTH FLAKES KILL NASTY CRITTERS BUT MOTH BALLS BEING MADE OF SOMETHING ELSE ONLY REPEL THEM. tHE ONLY FLY TYING BOOK i HAD BACK THEN WAS HERTERS MANUAL SO IT PROBABLY CAME FROM THERE. iF ANYONE WANTS, JUST REMOVE THE TWO WHITE BAGS AND DISCARD THEM. aNYTHING COMING INTO MY POSSESSION NO MATTER WHERE FROM GETS THE pcb TREATMENT FOR AT LEAST A WEEK. i ALSO HAVE MOTH BALLS ALWAYS SCATTERED THROUGH MY TYING SUPPLIES. Sixtry yeaRS WITH NO PROBLEMS, NOT GOING TO CHANGE NOW.

All swappers please note,

When shipping the swap box from the USPS or FedEx please do your home work and ask many question about the shipping charges. This is a large swap box but it should not cost anyone more than $16.00 to ship the box. You can go on line and pre determine what the shipping charges are. Here are the links for USPS and FedEx.

USPS pricing - http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm
    FedEx pricing - https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en&CMP=KNC-REM250

Please note the following:

1) Make sure you're NOT shipping it Priority Mail as some have already done
    2) Parcel Insurance is NOT needed, (only if you choose to)
    3) Make sure its Parcel post.
    4) Tracking number is NOT needed, (only if you choose to)

Here is actual shipping cost to ship from Kaboom1 to DaveMac for an example

USPS - $14.77 Parcel Post and Priority was $27.70
    FedEx - $15.73 2-business days ground

Couple of things I have learned in the last few months about shipping stuff from the USPS that you might want to note. Also anyone else has anything they have learned and would like to share please do so.

1) If you are shipping a book the USPS has a special charge called Media charge, it is dirt cheap. For example I shipped a book to Alaska and it only cost $1.89

2) Watch these Flat Rate boxes, some are standard charges and some are labeled Flat Rate Priority, they will get you on this one.

3) Ship items in your own brown box and don’t use their Standard packaging, the cost is less.

Please share anything you might know to save a dollar for shipping items out......thanks
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

+ Reply to Thread