+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a quick heads up about smallstreams.com

Default Just a quick heads up about smallstreams.com

Hey all -

I'm making the rounds on a few boards I've participated on over the years, basically to say that www.smallstreams.com is back, and I daresay better than ever. Consider this an invite to check it out. for what it's worth, smallstreams is a completely noncommercial site, and I'm not here to convert anyone or advertise commercially or anything like that. I own it, and built it in this iteration, and it's purely a labor of love. I'm proud of how it turned out.

smallstreams has gone through a lot of iterations for a lot of reasons over the years. Some bad code and some bad blood nearly killed it the last time. While that is water over the rocks in our web stream, I recently completely rebuilt the site and community with the help of a few plankowners who donated funds for some real software. The same suite that runs this place, actually. As you know from using it here, it has the core forum, but also member blog capability, photo albums, etc. I'm having fun with it.

Anyway, I hope this is not against any rules or common sense - the post is merely to share the link in hopes at the very least that you enjoy the member articles on the front page. One can never read too many fishing reports or look at too many photos of people doing what we all love.

Mods, if I've crossed any lines by posting, please accept my ignorance and apologies!

All the best,

-Gus

Good luck Gus, there will always be room on FAOL for reports on good web sites. Glad you were able to get it back up, I use to enjoy visiting the site a while back as well. Congratulations.
    LF

Gus, Glad to see you're still around and kickin'. I'll be one of those who check out your site.
    God Bless,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Now I'm registered. Pending approval.
    Thanks Gus.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Joe, you're approved and in as you know.

LF, thanks so much for the nod. That site always had a cool bent of stories and images, I hope to get the mojo back and make it worthy. I've had ownership for a year or two, but got really tired of all of the issues that phpBB3 has (ultimately they killed it a few years ago before I picked it up), so I jumped to the vB CMS ship like here and so many other places and am loving it.

Anyway, it's all good. Heck, I lost touch with him, but Johnny/Hillfisher welcomed me to Texas nearly seven years ago when I moved - we met here... and he took me to the place in this article, actually: http://flyanglersonline.com/features...sh/part237.php

Fun stuff. Even in this article: http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...sh/part218.php Johnny described what is basically my home waters these days. I can walk to Brushy from the house...

All the best,

-Gus

Well, I registered, hopefully got it right. I fish small streams a lot so this looks good!
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread