+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a Wiscosin?

Default What is a Wiscosin?

I have been temporarily (6 to 8 months) relocated to Chippewa Falls WI.
    I know there has to be fish hear. I brought 3, 6 and 10wt rods, and my pontoon boat. I have flies for everything expect Pike.
    Can anybody tell me what type of patterns to tie for them toothy critters?

Thanks

PS: Looks like I will not be in Lowell this year
    Last edited by David L; 05-02-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    "Don't mess with the Mule, just load the wagon"
    David L
    Roseburg Or.

Dave,

VEE wants to know if her buddy, Dianna will be in Lowell this year? Sorry, can't help with the fisihing in WI, try PMing Spinner1. He lives there.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Contact Bill Sherer's We Tie It Fly Shop in Boulder Junction and Tight Lines Fly fishing shop in Depere. Great people and super knowledgeable. Welcome to Wisconsin fishing. Michael J. in Madison,Wis. And we do have TROUT.

Anything you'd tie and fish for large mouth.

You're in major trout country. Get a DeLorme, the trout regs and hit it.

Anything with bright colors and lots of flash.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

And it has to look something like a chunk of cheese and it .... oh, never mind!

Thanks one and all.
    If it ever warms up around here I will be able to fish on Sundays.
    "Don't mess with the Mule, just load the wagon"
    David L
    Roseburg Or.

Default Wisconsin DNR trout stream pamphlet.....free for the asking

Wisconsin is "Wall - to -Wall" filled with Trout Streams...

Your are Chippewa Falls, you are in the middle of some excellent trout streams in Chippewa County as well as all the counties surrounding Chippewa County.

Brook Trout you should head for River Falls WI, where there is the Kinnickinnic. Just east of Ellsworth WI is the Rush River with beautiful Brown Trout. In Hudson WI, they have Rainbow Trout in the Willow River. There are designated off road parking by all of these streams....

In Chippewa County you have the McCain Creek in the NW part of the county. On the western edge of Chippewa County there are; Hay Creek, Duncan Creek, Beaver Creek, Trout Creek, Spring Brook, Sand Creek, Elk Creek

Dunn County (just to the west of Chippewa County) is wall to wall trout streams and creeks.

The "State of Wisconsin" at each of their Tourist Bureaus as you enter Wisconsin (nearest one to you is on the south side of Interstate 94 at the top of the hill after the highway crosses the St. Croix River, to the west of your location), have a 32 page 8?" x 11" glossy colored pamphlet that not only list all of the trout streams in Wisconsin, by Counties and Streams. The 16 pages of this pamphlet shows where every trout stream is located and color code for the rules of catch and keep for various sections of trout streams. The maps have all the county and state roads imposed on the trout stream maps to help you find them. Cost? It is free!

You also can contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, and they will mail you this wonderful pamphlet. ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 05-06-2011 at 05:42 AM.

In addition to trout fishing in north and central Wisconsin, there is excellent smallmouth bass fishing in rivers. You can float rivers in your pontoon or a rented canoe, or you can wade rivers and catch some big smallmouth bass. Many of the rivers that hold smallmouth bass also hold muskie and northern pike. The smallmouth fishing often peaks in mid to late late summer, when the trout fishing can slow down. Here's a link to an article that talks about Wisconsin smallmouth rivers.

http://www.wisconsinsportsmanmag.com.../wi_aa086004a/

+ Reply to Thread