+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conservation Pledge

Default Conservation Pledge

Pretty simple really

Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 03-19-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: to promote conversation simply .....

Steve & Michael Molcsan,

Took the "pledge" many moons ago. Was out today to look at some habitat for future tree trimming and release ( open up canopy, so sun can get to beneficial, wild fruit trees etc). My group and I do a lot of this kind of stuff during the winter months. Gets you outdoors - no/few shack nasties! LOL!! Thanks for sharing guys!

Best regards, Dave S.

So.. the Conservation Pledge had me curiously googled. Who penned the words?

It was Ben East.

Here is only one of many references: http://naturecamp.net/programs/conservation-practices/. I would suggest you go on your own search and find more about this outdoor writer's penchant for taking up the pen to battle the cause of the American sportsman. Sounds like Ben was a real fighter. His legacy carries on and deserves the respect of all of us. We seem to be a younger generation who sometimes get lost in the semantics of environmentalism and conservationism, which is all political isn't it?, and causes us to let real concerns sit on the fence. Too bad.

Just a thought to remember what someone said: "We all live Downstream".
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

hairwing.

My Son and I are always aware that we follow in the footsteps of giants like this great man, his legacy
    is part of our camps soul..

be safe
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 03-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Snow camp was remarkable this year, plenty of snow, good food and plenty of fire side stories...
    I was able to give my Boy this special flag pole...

A great Father and Son moment I will always remember and cherish..
    Now we tool around in the old truck in style..

Always be safe!

Steve

Snow Camp Crew 2011

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 03-19-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Steve,

Looks like your down to your last 5 or so campfire stirring sticks, although those might be the next log candidates? - better get those scouts on it! Looks like outside temps weren't too bad either, since those guys aren't too bundled up. Nice job Steve! In my family, we have rules/specifications that an "official" stirring/doggie stick has to meet, such as, length, diameter (both ends), type of wood, bark/no bark, # of allowable branches at the pointy end, # of hotdogs/marshmallows allowed per branch ( if you mix and match - the combinations that are acceptable). Position of hotdog on stick - plus how far the stick is to penetrate the dog for the allowable positions, how close to the flame ( for both you and the stick), if you drop something off your stick you have X number of seconds to retrieve it. If you lose your stick in the fire - you will driven to the top of the mountain and dropped off with nothing but a mini mag flashlight/ maybe some string/ compass/ and a pocket knife (so you can cut a new stick - can't come back without a new stick!). Space does not allow me to write all the rules regarding the stirring stick - this was just the short list, besides some are secret, and not to be revealed. Don't even get me started on the camp rules regarding corn-on-the-cob!!! BTW, there aren't any rules involving smores - apparently smores weren't around when the by-laws were being written with red ochre on the walls of the cave! But apparently hotdogs and marshmallows were around tho! WHO KNEW!!!!!!

Best regards, Dave the perpetual Webelos.

A special photo for Mom to remember us by, were having a good time at camp wish you were here...lol

Camp rule No.1 Photo say's it all........
    photo:
    1st night, camp pledge meeting .... I as the adult need to set a good example right off the bat....

No rules , just civility at this camp..

Always be safe!
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 03-25-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Conversation Pledge: We hereby pledge to save dishwater

2011 Snow Camp Graduates

You mess with me , you mess with my son and his brotherhood.... Copeich!! lol

+ Reply to Thread