+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C&F Fly Box Question

Default C&F Fly Box Question

I'm using C&F fly boxes and I like them alot. Mine are not the system with the removable inserts. They're also not the waterproof. They're the regular c&f boxes that are a tan color with facing microslit sides. I have one with a middle page. The others have little clips on the spine of the box that look like something could get snapped in there. I don't see anything in the product line that is supposed to fit. So, to make this question shorter: what are those clip-things for in the center of the regular c&f fly boxes?

Thanks.

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Do you mean a half-inch strip screwed into the spine that stands virtically when the box is opened flat? C&F threaders clip on to that.

Thanks. Nope, that's not what I mean. Mine don't have anything screwed in at all. Here's a photo...look along the spine of the box.

"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Maybe its to wrap leaders around? I don't really know but it looks like you could do that.

Maybe it can be used to hold another page like the one you alreay have that has the middle page. Just a thought.

Are you talking about the "threaders" that C&F puts on some of it's boxes??

------------------
    Perhaps I could just lease a place in heaven, in case there's no decent trout water there.

?Emerson Newell, 1965

Diane, maybe the 8 nymph trays are missing the magnetic swing leaf.
    [url=http://www.bluerivertraders.citymax.com/cfflybox.html:f8257]http://www.bluerivertraders.citymax.com/cfflybox.html[/url:f8257]

I would return for a replacement.

The geezer

------------------
    Excus my spelling and gramma, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could Hunt or fish.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Well, so far I don't think we have it solved. This isn't my fly box, just a photo of a generic box. The "clips" in question are molded into the spine of the box. They might hold a center leaf but I don't see a center leaf that fits the regular C&F boxes for sale anywhere.

I suppose I could just suck it up and email Scientific Anglers with this question. Can't believe I didn't think of that idea before now.

Diane,
    Those clips are there to hold the C&F needle knot/tube knot tool that has a small magnet on the end.
    Regards,
    Keith

------------------
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

Thanks, Keith!

+ Reply to Thread