+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Katadyn Water Bottles

Default Katadyn Water Bottles

These things are great for fly fishers! I've been using the large one for a few years, but now they are out in a smaller size that is perfect for fishing, since we are always near water. The small ones have a flap on them you can use to attach the bottle with a carabiener to your vest or wading belt, no holster required.

What makes them so great? The bottle has a built-in water purification system. You can carry them empty and, whenever you are thirsty, just dip them in the water around you to fill up the bottle with cold water that is perfectly safe to drink. Then you squeeze the bottle to force water through the filters and out the straw-like dispenser into your mouth.

Cold, safe water whenever you want it and little weight to carry. They cost about $30 and are good for 26 gallons of water before the filter needs to be replaced.

good to hear. I bought one for my daughter who is going to new orleans over spring break to help out down there. Thanks.

I've had one of these bottle for a few years. First got it when I went to Ecuador to spend a week working in a hospital way out in the jungle. Out party was supposed to be supplied with "boiled" water to drink the entire week. There were 6 of us and the other 5 drank the "boiled" water all week and all 5 got the screaming runny $!^&$ at some point. I drank whatever water was handy to fill the bottle and got by the entire week without trouble. Love the things.

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

+ Reply to Thread