+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some stuff from the past month

Default Some stuff from the past month

Hey guys, miss comin around here but just been busy busy busy the past couple months. Finally a bit caught up and came back to get up to date on FAOL and all. So just thought I'd post a few of the rods I have been workin on the past month.

Every year I like to build a rod to donate to Mike's GFP event he does in NY to help him out with the show. So this year I did this Tiger Eye 8' 4/5wt 4pc for him. Has a wood trimmed grip with matching insert, Batson ceramic stripper, SF Alps guides, Gudebrod Classic twist RED/BLK (CP'ed) main wraps with metallic trim and a epoxy ramp over the winding check. Should be a nice clean rod for some lucky winner at the show.

This rod was one of a trio of rods that were shipped out last week to the new owner. The other two were the Winston and Loomis rods so the new owner will have some new toys for this upcoming season it looks like.

The blank on this is a Gatti 14'6" 10/11wt Spey blank. Seat is a woven carbon fiber insert with some HD hardware to fit a 13wt fly reel. Grips I made all custom out of a mix of various types of corks. Features three stripper guides, double foot snake guides, and I picked Chestnut main wraps (no CP) as a vary close match the the blank color to give it a custom look and yet still being subtle. Also has a REC tube and sock with it.

Been awhile since I posted a rod. Not that I haven't been busy building them, just haven't had time to take pics and edit/post them, so thought I'd finally take a few mins and post a couple now.

This is a Winston BL5 10' 7wt 5pc and a Loomis 8'6" 9wt. The Winston has custom grips with exotic cork and matching butt, Spalted Maple insert with Struble hardware, SF guides with Green/BLK classic twist and metallic trim, and REC tube. The Loomis also has a custom grip and butt, woven graphite insert with Struble hardware, dble foot guides, Garnet (no CP) wraps with metallic trim, and REC sock and REC tube. There also a Gatto spey that goes with these two rods to the new owner but it wouldn't fit in the pic so I'll post that one separate.

All of the rods look nice, but that tiger eye you built for the donation is one of the most beautiful builds I've seen in a while. I love the clean look and combination of materials.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

Absolutely beautiful Steve!

Cliff

Steve,

Really enjoy your work. Glad you posted some more rods, I was starting to go through withdraws here! LOL!!

Best regards, Dave S.

+ Reply to Thread