+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kansas fish-in flies - let's compare notes

Blog Entries

Default Kansas fish-in flies - let's compare notes

So what is everyone going to bring for the bluegill fish-in? I thought that since I'm getting a horrid case of cabin fever, and am starting to tie for the fish-in, it would be good to compare and swap recipes.

I'm starting with my best producer last year. It is a basic GRHE with the addition of micro rubber legs on the bottom side. I tie them mostly without beads, but a few beadheads for variety. I'm also bringing bully's spiders, and some small gurglers. I'll post recipes and pictures tonight.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Blog Entries

I'll be bringing Granny Weave Bugs, GRHE's Bird's Nests. micro jigs in various colors, small gurglers and poppers, bully spiders, Wilson's bluegill buggers, and anything else that I can think of between now and then.
    Steve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Furled tail leeches, Steve's woven nymphs, lots of bead chain hares ears, some simple minnows, and a few flies I just need to show you sometime... Maybe we should get together and tie some stuff up soon?
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Blog Entries

Sounds good to me. We'll have to find a time/place. I'm hoping that our patterns and pictures will help some of the new folks get their boxes loaded up.
    I have to get some of Steve's granny weave flies, too. Forgot about those. They work, and are pretty rugged.
    It doesn't look like I will get pictures or patterns tonight. I'll try tomorrow.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

I've got a bunch of scuds tied, and just finished some blue damsels. Going to start on blood worms next, it's a varient of the SanJuan worm and is very good for 'gills.

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Copper Johns, Granny Weave Nymphs, Small Poppers. Mini Buggers, Cap Spiders. Damsel Flies, Foam Frogs, Mini Gurglers. Some Emergers and Various Dries.

After seeing all the spotted gar last year I am going to add a few rope flies to my box, aside from that I will have boa leaches, furled tail leach, granny weave nymph, some ant patterns and my bead chain eye hares eare soft hackle.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

+ Reply to Thread