+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concerned about your privacy?

Default Concerned about your privacy?

Check yourself out at this site. http://www.spokeo.com/

If you don't like how much info they are sharing about you, go here for instructions on how to get yourself removed from their database.

http://www.nerdist.com/2010/12/new-s...personal-info/

Blog Entries

it is just one database of many, like it or not we are in the information era, keeping yourself private would involve owning nothing that is registered, (house car in some places guns) not having a bank account, only taking public transportation, never leaving the country. renting an appartment which includes utilities and only using disposable cell phones.

we need better privacy laws.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

The info they show on me is outdated by nearly 4 years. I hope no one paid for their services to find out more about me.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

nighthawk Guest

I have some really cheery news for all of you. If you were employeed by the federal government, are currently employed by the feds and or a Veteran/Member of the armed forces your beloved Uncle Sam has given out your infromation to everyone so many times it would be hilarious were it not so serious.

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    The info they show on me is outdated by nearly 4 years. I hope no one paid for their services to find out more about me.
    i have to agree with the above

most of the info they had on me was wrong

what a waste of time

Blog Entries

They had me in 3 places. One was highly accurate. The other two were old workplaces that do not exist as companies any longer. Needless to sat, I deleted all 3.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

waaaahhhh! they don't have me at all! seriously!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Bass_Bug Guest

I was on there twice, both were wrong. Googling yourself generally comes back with some sort of information from a half dozen sites like these. Most is public information from one source or another. The rest is sold from places you gave the information to. When you 'accept' someones "terms and agreement" it likely has a clause that says they can do what they want with your information. Unless you live totally 'off the grid', have no bills, and totally shun technology, this will always be there.

Didn't come up with anything on me LOL

Cold Guest

Man I WISH what they said about me and my family were true!

+ Reply to Thread