+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My "New" hobby

Never got into building rockets, we just used 'em to power the model cars we made. Some of those cars "flew" pretty well off a ramp. However the multiple engined ones were a little unpredictable.

I can remember when I was in a model rocket club back in the 70's I did that for about 6 year. We would compete against each other on who could build the biggest and tallest rocket. Now that was the good old day thanks for the memories
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Bass Bug,

Can you say "ACME" - Beep! Beep! WHoooooooSH!!!!! I can just picture Eric taking his rocket out of a BIG box with ACME written on the side. Too funny!!!

Best regards, Dave S.

Eric,
    As long as You hang around I don't think anybody will mind.
    Used to build "Rockets" before there were "Any" kits or parts around. For small ones we used to drill out CO2 cartridges for engines.
    and for fuel used "Saltpeter" and Sugar.
    And Yeah We did some with Blackpowder in a nosecone to try to make a big bang...The engine worked better to explode than the payload did

Nighthawk, I too have changed hobbies, but have not totally abandoned my fly fishing. I still love fly fishing, it's just that I don't have the time during daylight hours to do it, and in NE Ohio the weather leaves a lot to be desired, so I have gotten back into the shooting sports and have just started building up my reloading bench after many years away from it. Local gun shows have proved very lucrative for buying used equipment, and since there are shows almost every weekend somewhere in the state, I can interact with other shooting enthusiasts on a regular basis. Like you, I don't want to abandon FAOL, or the fine people I have met in person and in the virtual world. I still look forward to attending the Michigan Fish In each year, and this year got to include some shooting with others in our group, as well as fishing and eating with them.

Enjoy the rockets, and be sure to share your hobby with us. You can see how many others here share your enthusiasm, so it's not like you're an oddball or anything like that.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    Nighthawk, I too have changed hobbies, but have not totally abandoned my fly fishing. I still love fly fishing, it's just that I don't have the time during daylight hours to do it, and in NE Ohio the weather leaves a lot to be desired, so I have gotten back into the shooting sports and have just started building up my reloading bench after many years away from it. Local gun shows have proved very lucrative for buying used equipment, and since there are shows almost every weekend somewhere in the state, I can interact with other shooting enthusiasts on a regular basis. Like you, I don't want to abandon FAOL, or the fine people I have met in person and in the virtual world. I still look forward to attending the Michigan Fish In each year, and this year got to include some shooting with others in our group, as well as fishing and eating with them.

Enjoy the rockets, and be sure to share your hobby with us. You can see how many others here share your enthusiasm, so it's not like you're an oddball or anything like that.
    Well considering my love of the flint lock muzzle loader I must be the "odd fireball"!

Glad to hear form you Joe! Chase down some of those Ashtabula Steelies for me!

Blog Entries

eric give me a buzz i have some high performance launch equipment for you. far better then the old AA launcher. also might have a decent launch pad for you as well i have so many its retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    Well considering my love of the flint lock muzzle loader I must be the "odd fireball"!
    Well I'll be darned. The last deer I took was with a custom .54 Kentucky Longrifle, flintlock, with 44 inch barrel. I still have the hair-on hide hanging above my fly tying bench.
    PM me your snail mail address. I have something you might like to go with your rocketeering.
    Last edited by Lotech; 11-28-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: seems to always be spelling
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Well I'll be darned. The last deer I took was with a custom .54 Kentucky Longrifle, flintlock, with 44 inch barrel. I still have the hair-on hide hanging above my fly tying bench.
    Joe, wasn't that rifle a state of the firearm at the time?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

ok guys and gals you are killing me or making me feel bad or thinking maybe i have had too many beers but i fly fish so i tie flies, i hunt deer , shoot international defensive pistol competition so i reload my ammo and my latest hobby is trying to trap gophers in my yard that me and my lab are having some luck with and a lot of fun so my question is why cant we do at all as long as the wife doesnt run us off

robin

+ Reply to Thread