+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: 9' 4wt 4pc rod

Default Wanted: 9' 4wt 4pc rod

I am looking for a 9' 4wt 4pc rod.

I am probably wanting something in the medium to medium/fast action range. I only have one thing to trade which is a Sage VT2 7'9" 3wt rod.

I am actually trying to sell that rod in a local store but I do not think it will go very fast. If it does sell I will have $250.00 to put towards a new 4wt rod.

Have a good one!
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Have you looked at the TFO Professional series of rods? I used to have one in a 9' 4 weight, 4 piece. I'm sorry I ever got rid of it. They're awesome sticks at a deceptively inexpensive price. Around $150. BTW, my 4 weight also cast a 5 weight like it was meant to.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

YA, I have looked at those.

What I really would like is a Scott A2 series but I know that is hoping a little too much. I have a A2 3wt and I really like everything about it. I also have been looking at some of the Cabela's rods that seem to have a fairly good rep.

I am just seeing what might surface here...
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Hello:
    I have a Scott A3 904/4 that is very nice. Another option is is buy a blank and build it or have it built. Madison River fishing Co. has 490/4 VT2 blanks for $160.00. That could be built into a very nice rod for about $250. I bought a VT2 490/4 and a Winston Vapor 905/4. I am very impresed with the Vapor rod and the blank was $99.

Lanny

Were you looking to sell the A3?

I did not like the VT2 series but I fished a Sage Flight series this weekend and I liked that...

Any interest in a Redington RS4 486-4? Bought as a backup rod, fished two or three days on stillwater. Casts well, I have a few of the RS4's in other weights but I have enough 4wts that I don't really need this one. PM me if interested in buying this one.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

+ Reply to Thread